Ship devices allow for an ability to be operated independently of one's career path or bridge officers. ships may have from as few as one (Runabout) up to four device slots. There are both consumable (e.g. batteries, holoemitters) and permanent ship devices.
There are four batteries that are consumed upon giving a short-term boost, and are stackable up to 20:
There is one additional consumable device that is a stronger Evasive Maneuvers, obtainable from completing the daily “Defense Contract” at Alhena System in the Eta Eridani Sector Block, and are stackable up to 5:
There is one consumable device, available from the Chef at the Fleet Embassy, that provides a temporary boost to accuracy.
Fighter ships can appear with the mission reward from “The Vault”, holding 50 charges:
Holoemitters can be used multiple times, but only for a cumulative time of 15 minutes. They temporarily change the ship's appearance (enemy ships will still attack, however):
- [Model CH-12703 Space Transport]
- [Ferengi D'Kora]
- [Cardassian Galor]
- [Jem'Hadar Attack Ship]
- [Breen Chel Grett]
- [Undine Nicor]
- [Adult Gekli]
Deployable devices such as Satellite Turrets and Torpedo Platforms can only be obtained through specific Duty Officer Assignments.
The Klingon Defense Force versions have 10 items in a rewarded stack (or 20 in Critical Success) and are obtained through Marauding assignments.
The Federation versions are obtained through Engineering assignments and require Prototype Plans to construct. These devices come in a rewarded stack of 20 , no matter if it is Success or Critical Success. The devices are not bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip, have a single charge per item and are Consumable.
- [Device - Heavy Antiproton Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Phaser Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Disruptor Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Heavy Tetryon Satellite Turret]
- [Device - Plasma Torpedo Platform]
- [Device - Tricobalt Torpedo Platform]
See complete list of deployable ship devices and more info on the Deployable Devices (Space) page.
There are four reusable ship devices that provide a temporary benefit:
- [Red Matter Capacitor] (from purchasing the Collector's Edition of the game)
- [Subspace Field Modulator] (from Mission: Skirmish)
- [Nimbus Pirate Distress Call] (from Mission: Installation 18)
- [Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon] (from Mission: Broken Circle)
There are eight non-combat pets, usable in inventory instead of only a ship device slot:
- Universal Consoles
- Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret
- Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret