Geordi La Forge
Captain Geordi La Forge is a Human Starfleet Captain, best known for his tenure as Chief Engineer aboard the starships U.S.S. Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E. He currently commands the U.S.S. Challenger.
History[edit | edit source]
- 2335: Geordi La Forge is born in Mogadishu, Somalia. He is blind due to a birth defect, and receives his first VISOR, allowing him to see, at the age of five.
- 2353: Geordi is accepted to Starfleet Academy.
- 2357: Ensign La Forge graduates Starfleet Academy and is assigned to the U.S.S. Victory under Captain Zimbata.
- 2362: La Forge transfers to the U.S.S. Hood under Captain Robert DeSoto with Commander William T. Riker as First Officer.
- 2364: Lt. Junior Grade La Forge joins the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D as Conn Officer.
- 2365: Lieutenant La Forge transfers from the Command division to Operations, and is named Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-D. He remains at this posting until the destruction of the Enterprise at Veridian III in 2371.
- 2372: Lt. Commander La Forge is named Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Enterprise-E when it launches, following the destruction of the Enterprise-D. Around this time, his VISOR is replaced by ocular implants.
- 2385: La Forge takes a long-term leave of absence from Starfleet. His first task is to assist the Soong Foundation with their study of the B-4 android. With his help, the team is able to unlock the "Data Matrix," restoring La Forge's friend Data's personality in B-4's body.
- 2387: The Jellyfish, a vessel designed by La Forge, is launched by the Daystrom Institute. La Forge works with Starfleet to determine whether any of the ship's systems can be adapted for Federation use. Later that year, La Forge brings the Jellyfish to Vulcan at the request of Ambassador Jean-Luc Picard. Ambassador Spock pilots the Jellyfish to the Hobus System, where he and the ship are lost while containing the Hobus supernova. Starfleet invokes the reserve activation clause from La Forge's commission, and he returns to Starfleet, resuming his position of Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-E, now commanded by Captain Data.
- 2397: La Forge accepts an opportunity to command his own ship, accepting a promotion to Captain and assuming command of the U.S.S. Challenger. He recommends that Commander Nog replace him as Chief Engineer of the Enterprise.
- Date Unknown: La Forge has three children by his first wife, Leah Brahms: Alandra, Bret, and Sidney. At some point, he becomes engaged to Mikaela Leishman, who also becomes Chief Engineer of the Challenger.
Missions given[edit | edit source]
- “Hide and Seek”: La Forge has been working with Starfleet Intelligence to analyze the data gathered from the Undine at P'Jem, and asks the player to investigate a Klingon listening post.
- “Stop the Signal”: La Forge informs the player that the data they recovered from the listening post has been decrypted, but they believe there is another one out there.
- “Temporal Ambassador”: Concerned that the Tholians are attempting to open a portal to the Mirror Universe, Captain La Forge asks the player to investigate an anomaly in the Azure Nebula.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Diplomatic Orders”: After a battle group including the Challenger warps in to assist against an Undine Tethys Bio-Dreadnought, Captain La Forge hails the player and remarks that, one day, the player may be able to return the favor.
- “Beyond the Nexus”: Captain La Forge and the player investigate the Nexus, hoping to find the missing U.S.S. Madison, which itself had been searching for the long-lost U.S.S. Forrestal. The Madison attacks and disables the Challenger, and Captain La Forge and the player beam to that ship, fighting off Forrestal crew members under the thrall of Khaj'Buur. After Khaj'Burr is taken into custody, La Forge states that he will remain behind, repairing the disabled ships.
- “Melting Pot”: Captain La Forge meets the player in the Dranuur System and shows them the progress being made on the fledgling Lukari/Kentari colony there. He then assists the player in defending the colony from a Tzenkethi attack.
- “Dranuur Gauntlet”: Enemy forces assault the colony world in development by the Lukari and Kentari. Captain LaForge coordinates the defense of the colony from spaces.
- “Dranuur Beach Assault”: Captain LaForge coordinates the ground defense of the Lukari/Kentari colony.
- “Scylla and Charybdis”: La Forge and the Challenger join in defending Bajor against the Tzenkethi and subsequently the Hur'q.
- “The Renegade's Regret”: La Forge and the player meet with Neth Parr at Deep Space 9 to hear the story of why she defected from the Tzenkethi Coalition.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "New Featured Episode: 'Beyond the Nexus'": Ensign N'vall of the Challenger searches Earth Spacedock for Captain La Forge. She finds La Forge in the shipyards, where he is speaking with Kirayoshi O'Brien of the U.S.S. Enterprise-F, which has nearly completed its refit. She hands La Forge a PADD containing new orders - the Challenger is to embark on a mission to the Nexus. O'Brien offers to put La Forge in contact with an officer who may be able to help with the mission.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The information regarding La Forge's marital status and children is provided by The Needs of the Many. Because this book was purportedly published by Jake Sisko in 2423, it is possible that he has not yet married or had children by 2410.
- In the mission "Beyond the Nexus", Geordi originally carried a phaser rifle of the type used primarily in Star Trek: The Next Generation. As of October 2017 however, he is now armed with a standard-issue phaser pistol.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Geordi La Forge at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Geordi La Forge at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Official Blog - LeVar Burton - and more - from our STLV Panel! (August 3, 2017)