|Quadrants of the|
Milky Way (clickable)
The Gamma Quadrant is one of 4 quadrants in the Milky Way. It is home to the Dominion and accessible to the Alpha Quadrant via the Bajoran wormhole. The Dominion is the only known major power in the region.
History[edit | edit source]
- The Iconians had outposts in the Gamma Quadrant during the height of their empire 200,000 years ago.
- Thousands of years ago, the Founders built the Dominion to defend themselves against the "solids" (non-shapeshifting species) and force order on them. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode To the Death)
- The Bajoran Wormhole was discovered by Starfleet officers Benjamin Sisko and Jadzia Dax in 2369. The Federation and other Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers began exploring the Gamma Quadrant. (DS9 ep. Emissary)
- The Cardassian Union and later the Breen Confederacy joined the Dominion and fought at its side in the Dominion War (2373-75).
- In 2374, the Prophets, inhabitants of the wormhole, whisked a Dominion fleet of 2800 ships away. (DS9 ep. Sacrifice of Angels)
- Following the defeat of the Dominion by the Federation Alliance, the Dominion retreated from the Alpha Quadrant. (DS9 ep. What You Leave Behind)
- However, some Changelings and Jem'Hadar decided to stay in the Alpha Quadrant. Laas formed the New Link on Orias III, protected by Lamat'Ukan and his Alpha Jem'Hadar. (“The New Link”)
- Any shapeshifter outside the Gamma Quadrant was declared renegades by the Founders in 2400. (The Path to 2409)
- Starship prototype U.S.S. Rapier goes missing on a mission to the Gamma Quadrant in 2403.
- Sela enters the Gamma Quadrant in 2410 attempting to seek Dominion support against the Iconian invasion of the Milky Way, but her efforts are frustrated by Vorta bureaucracy and Herald pursuers.
- By 2769, the Galactic Union has established a presence on New Khitomer, a planet within the Gamma Quadrant.
Native species[edit | edit source]
- Dominion member species
- Non-aligned species
Locations[edit | edit source]
Systems[edit | edit source]
Planets[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Second Wave”: The missing fleet from 2374 suddenly returns in 2409, attacking Deep Space Nine in the Alpha Quadrant. Fleet commander Loriss has lost contact with the Gamma Quadrant, however.
- “Operation Gamma”: Starfleet sends Alpha Quadrant representatives to the Idran System to negotiate with the Dominion. They meet a new clone of Eraun, who agrees to cooperate. But he demands the repatriation of the Founder imprisoned by the Federation.
- “Sphere of Influence”: The player accesses Iconian records of Vandros IV while stranded at Storage Facility Z98.
- “Time and Tide”: The player visits New Khitomer in the year 2769 to witness the signing of the Temporal Accords, which is interrupted by the Na'kuhl and the Krenim.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Jem'Hadar Attack Ship inside the wormhole.
Gallery of native species[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gamma Quadrant can only be visited by the player in “Operation Gamma” and “Time and Tide”. As of the Delta Rising expansion, it remains the only quadrant of the Galaxy that cannot be traveled to outside of a specific mission.