- The Wadi aren't any trouble once you learn the rules of that crazy game, the Dosi are too scared of the Karemma to be a real challenge and everyone else is either running from the Dominion or part of it. - Farek
|Quadrants of the|
Milky Way (clickable)
The Gamma Quadrant is one of 4 quadrants in the Milky Way. It is home to the Dominion and accessible to the Alpha Quadrant via the Bajoran wormhole. The Dominion is the only known major power in the region.
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
The Gamma Quadrant is dominated by the Dominion and its subject species. Exploration has taken place around the Idran end of the Bajoran wormhole but is not as extensive as other quadrants.
|Dosi System||Mission Only||Home system of the Dosi|
|Idran System||Mission Only||The Gamma Quadrant end of the Bajoran wormhole|
|New Khitomer||Mission Only||This world in the 28th century is a key world to the Galactic Union and allied temporal activities.|
|Vandros IV||Mission Only||Site of an Iconian gateway|
Playable Area[edit | edit source]
Since the Delta Rising expansion, it became the only quadrant of the Milky Way that cannot be visited outside of a specific mission. However it has been confirmed that the Gamma Quadrant will become playable, like the other quadrants, with the DS9-themed expansion due in the summer of 2018.
It can however currently be visited by the player in the following missions;
- “Operation Gamma”: Starfleet sends Alpha Quadrant representatives to the Idran System to negotiate with the Dominion. They meet a new clone of Eraun, who agrees to cooperate. But he demands the repatriation of the Founder imprisoned by the Federation.
- “Time and Tide”: The player visits New Khitomer in the year 2769 to witness the signing of the Temporal Accords, which is interrupted by the Na'kuhl and the Krenim.
- “Temporal Reckoning”: The player travels to New Khitomer in the 28th Century to stop a temporal incursion.
It is also mentioned in the following;
- “Second Wave”: The missing fleet from 2374 suddenly returns in 2409, attacking Deep Space Nine in the Alpha Quadrant. Fleet commander Loriss has lost contact with the Gamma Quadrant, however.
- “Sphere of Influence”: The player accesses Iconian records of Vandros IV, viewing a live image of the world, while stranded at Storage Facility Z98.
It was previously mentioned in the following;
- “Rapier”: The player is sent into the Bajoran Wormhole to retrieve the lost U.S.S. Rapier and prevent it from falling into the hands of Dominion forces which have entered from the Gamma Quadrant side.
- “Forging Bonds”: The freighter S.S. Batris was en route to New Bajor when it was attacked by the True Way in the Algira system, implying that the colony had been rebuilt since its destruction early in the Dominion War.
Factions and Homeworlds[edit | edit source]
|"First Founder Homeworld"||Changeling (Founder)||Dominion|
|Idran System||Idran Swarmer||Wildlife|
The Gamma Quadrant is also the home quadrant of the Hur'q, who are believed to have been extinct for several centuries.
[edit | edit source]
- Gamma Quadrant at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Gamma Quadrant at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Gamma Quadrant at Starbase UGC, the user-generated-content Wiki for STO.