Year of Klingon
The Year of Klingon is the name of an ongoing set of improvements to Klingon content in the game over 2020 and 2021. It includes Season Twenty: House Divided, Season Twenty-one: House Shattered and Season 22.
Content[edit | edit source]
Revamps[edit | edit source]
- Tutorial: Remastered
- Empire: Remastered
- Vigilance: Removed along with “A House Pursued” “House on Fire”, as they were reskinned Federation patrols that didn't tie into the overall story. “Alpha” was retained and moved to the Warzone arc.
- Warzone: Remastered. “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning” and “Keep Your Enemies Closer” were merged into a single mission: “Mars, the Bringer of War”.
- Fek'Ihri Return: Due to be remastered in Season 22.
- “Turning Point”: Environment revamp on Khitomer and new cutscenes.
Klingon Civil War[edit | edit source]
- Return of J'Ula in a new Klingon Civil War arc
- “Best Served Cold”
- “The Centre Cannot Hold”
- “The Khitomer Discord”
- “Knowledge is Power”
- “Leap of Faith”
Environment improvements[edit | edit source]
- Khitomer revamp
- First City overhaul (not full revamp)
- Rura Penthe
- Gorath System
- Forcas III
Model improvements[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- New head and hair options
- NPCs receive a visual overhaul, including;
Ships[edit | edit source]
All canon Klingon ships will be getting a revamp, including;
- B'rel Bird-of-Prey
- K't'inga Battlecruiser
- Vor'cha Battlecruiser
- Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser
- D7 Temporal Battlecruiser
Other[edit | edit source]
- Klingon Targs
References[edit | edit source]
- The Year of Klingon Wed 29 Apr 2020
- Priority One Podcast #453 - Interview with Al Rivera
- Al Rivera @CaptainGeko STO Remaster of Klingon Content will continue in the next season. All early Klingon content will be completely remastered over the next few seasons.
- For Honor and Glory, it’s #StovokorSaturday! This time – with no audio yet – we’re showing you an updated cutscene from the Klingon starting experience, where the treacherous Federation attacks! Twitter
- The Year of Klingon: Part 1
- Time stamp 46:00 - 490 – Star Trek Online’s Andre Emerson, Mike Fatum
- PC and Console Patch Notes for 6/30/20
- Ten Forward Weekly - The Year of Klingon Environments
- This week’s #StovokorSaturday brings us to the Klingon Homeworld herself! While Qo’nos is not receiving a complete redesign, the planet is getting a visual sprucing up, making it more atmospheric and more, well, Klingon! Twitter
- Is it cold in here? Of course not – a true Klingon warrior doesn’t feel cold. For this #StovokorSaturday, we’re giving you your first look at our update to Rura Penthe Twitter
- On our first #StovokorSaturday, we're unveiling new ways to create characters for Klingons! Here are some of the tweaks for presets, hairstyles, and skin that will come into play soon - and more will follow! Twitter
- For the final #StovokorSaturday – for now – we wanted to show you one of our updated Klingon characters. He might be familiar to you, but if you run into Ambassador Worf on Qon’os now, he might look a little different.
- thomasmarrone twitch channel
- Welcome back to #StovokorSaturdays! Last week, we looked at new head and hair options, and this week, we’re going to take a quick peek at an updated ship. Or maybe – two updated ships. Feast your eyes on the newly remastered K’Tinga and B’rel Bird of Prey Twitter