The Xindi are an alliance of species originating from the now-destroyed planet Xindus.
Although they all share a series of ridges along their foreheads, there are five physiologically distinct species of Xindi: Primates, Arboreals, Reptilians, Insectoids, and Aquatics; the sixth species, Avians, is extinct.
History[edit | edit source]
- The Xindi fought a massive civil war that ravaged their homeworld for over a century until the 2030s, when the Reptilians and Insectoids detonated a series of explosives under the planet's largest fissures, unintentionally shattering it and wiping out the Avians. The survivors formed a loose alliance in the hopes of locating a new homeworld. They were aided by trans-dimensional beings they called the Guardians.
- In the mid-22nd Century, the Guardians warned them that humanity was going to pose a threat to them in four hundred years, and urged them to build a superweapon in order to destroy Earth. In 2153, the Xindi deployed a prototype version of the weapon, which devastated small parts of Florida and Venezuela, killing over seven million humans.
- The starship Enterprise was sent into the Delphic Expanse to seek out the Xindi and end the conflict, by peace or by force. The crew eventually discovered that the Guardians - also known as the Sphere Builders - were a faction in the Temporal Cold War, manipulating the Xindi into destroying humanity so that the United Federation of Planets would never come into being. With the help of the Andorian warship Kumari, the Enterprise crew managed to convince the Xindi Council of this and destroyed the completed weapon before it could complete its mission.
- As of 2410, the Xindi appear to have found a new homeworld, which is now a member of the Federation. Furthermore, they maintain diplomatic relations with the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, a Xindi-Primate Federation delegate is present at a conference within the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, where the Federation, Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic plan to discuss the common Undine threat. The delegate compares the manipulation and deceptions of the Undine to those suffered by his own people by the Sphere Builders. He goes on to emphasize the importance of combining differences, rather than letting them divide you - a lesson the Xindi had to learn the hard way.
- “Dust to Dust” : A male Xindi-Primate Engineering Officer is part of Captain Harry Kim's away team.
- “Time and Tide” : In the 29th Century, a Xindi delegate is present for the signing of the Temporal Accords in orbit over New Khitomer.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Hurra, a Xindi-Primate.
Ruul Tarr, a Xindi-Arboreal.
Drolid, a Xindi-Reptilian.
T'likchik'zi, a Xindi-Insectoid.
Muaza Amman'sor, a Xindi-Aquatic.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Xindi are not a playable species. They were first introduced in 22 April 2014 as an interactable Xindi-Primate NPC present at the conference during “Surface Tension”.
- On 17 July 2014, the [Xindi-Amphibious Lock Box] was released, which gave players of any faction the chance to obtain Xindi duty officers, a [Xindi-Reptilian Tactical Bridge Officer], or a [Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier]. Parallely the [Xindi-Reptilian Contortrix Escort] and [Xindi-Primate Ateleth Dreadnought Cruiser] were added to the Lobi store.
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Playable Xindi Starships
- Xindi costumes: