Personal history[edit | edit source]
Once a highly decorated Starfleet officer, Worf served as Lieutenant and Lt. Commander on the U.S.S. Enterprise-D under Captain Picard and on Deep Space 9 under Benjamin Sisko. After the Dominion War, he became Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire on Qo'noS.
In 2385, Worf resigned his Starfleet commission and begins to pursue a relationship with Lady Grilka, marrying her the following year. He tried to mediate between the Federation and the Empire to prevent the upcoming war.
After the destruction of the Hobus star in late 2387, Martok, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council, appointed Worf to the rank of General in 2388. He attempted to stop the Romulan Nero and his Romulan/Borg technology hybrid ship Narada. However, the Narada destroyed the Klingon forces. Leading a Klingon boarding party, Worf was critically injured, but was rescued by the U.S.S. Enterprise-E under Captain Data. While recovering on Vulcan, Worf was attacked by an Undine agent attempting to replace him; Worf was able to repel the attack, but retained no memory of the battle itself. Worf's defeat weakened Martok's position on the High Council, since Worf was still regarded a Federation outsider by many Klingons.
On stardate 65548.43, Worf's and Grilka's son K'Dhan was born.
Despite his best efforts, Worf was unable to prevent the Klingon Empire from going to war with the Gorn Hegemony in 2399. In 2401, Worf was part of a contingent of retired and current Starfleet officers, also including Admirals Kathryn Janeway, Beverly Crusher and Chakotay, as well as retired Captains Ezri Dax and Tuvok, who all appealed to the Federation Council to reconsider its position on the Klingon-Gorn War and to support the Klingon Empire. In protest against the Council's refusal to assist the Empire and subsequent condemnation of the war, Worf cut his ties with Starfleet and returned to Qo'noS.
At the request of Drex, son of Martok, General Worf took the position as gin'tak to the House of Martok in 2405. Thus, he would advise Drex in his struggle with the House of Duras that was supporting Chancellor J'mpok.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Friend or Foe”: In 2409, the player seeks out Worf in the First City to tell him that his son Alexander, who was previously detained for blaming the Great Houses' quarrels on a conspiracy, has been freed from Rura Penthe. Worf, however, rejects any part in Alexander's and the player's intentions to uncover the ploy and remarks that it were exactly such rushed actions that landed his son in prison in the first place.
- “Bringing Down the House”: After the death of M'ven, son of Drex, by the hands of the Romulan assassin Tarsen on Forcas III, Worf agrees to help Alexander and the player to track down those responsible for the death of M'ven. After investigating the compound on Forcas III, it is revealed that the House of Torg hired the Tal Shiar to destroy the House of Martok.
- “The House Always Wins”: After Worf performs the Ak'voh for M'ven, sending his spirit to Sto-vo-kor, he, together with his son K'mtar/Alexander, assists the player in the fight against the House of Torg in the Gorath System. During Torg's eventual discommendation and the dissolution of his house in the Great Hall of Qo'noS, Alexander is stabbed and dies in the arms of his father Worf.
- “Destiny”: In the First City, Worf is asked about the Sword of Kahless. He tells the player about how he and Kor were corrupted by the sword, finally left it drifting in space, and how the clone of Kahless has set out to retrieve it.
- “Sphere of Influence”: Worf, acting as an ambassador, is part of a Klingon delegation sent to New Romulus to oversee the activation of a recently-restored Iconian gateway. An unexpected energy-release forces Worf, the player and other delegates to take refuge beyond the portal, where the group finds itself in a Solanae station in subspace. Although Worf and the player are forced to re-activate all remaining Iconian gateways in the Milky Way in order to return, Worf can gather vital information on the Iconians and the Solanae before getting the group back into safety.
- “Surface Tension”: The player speaks with Worf in the Great Hall on Qo'noS after foiling a massive Undine invasion. Worf agrees that a lasting cease-fire between the Empire and the Federation is needed.
- “Brushfire”: Worf and Lady Sirella arrive at the Briar Patch with a fleet of Klingon ships to assist the player and General Rodek's rescue of General Martok from Torg, the Son'a, and the Tzenkethi. Later, Martok informs Rodek of his true lineage as a Son of Mogh, and vows to restore the House of Mogh to its place on the High Council.
- “Home”: In the tradition of T'Kuvma, who united the Klingon Houses by lighting the Torch of Kahless, Martok refers to Worf as his torchbearer by returning the Sword of Kahless and then jointly leading the House of Martok forces to defend Empersa against the Hur'q.
Events[edit | edit source]
- “The Next Generation: 25th Anniversary”: From July 19-24, 2012, a holographic representation of young Worf could be talked to in the Holodecks of either Starfleet or Klingon Academy.
- “The Next Generation: 30th Anniversary”: From September 28 - October 5, 2017, a holographic representation of young Worf could be talked to in the Holodecks of either Starfleet or Klingon Academy.
Missions given[edit | edit source]
- “Tournament on Forcas”: Worf asks the player to take M'ven's place as the House of Martok's representative at the bat'leth tournament on Forcas III.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "A Warrior Reborn": Worf meets with Kurn at Starfleet Medical, following procedures which restored Kurn's original memories and appearance. Kurn tells Worf that if Martok restores the House of Mogh, he will not contest Worf's right to lead it. Kurn states that he will honor his debt to the House of Noggra, who took him in as Rodek, and treated him well. Kurn says he intends to move to the Alpha Quadrant after he recovers from his surgery, intending to continue the fight against the Tzenkethi. He suggests that he and his family may settle aboard Deep Space 9. Worf warns Kurn that enemies within the Klingon Empire will be moving against them in retaliation for the rescue of Martok.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Michael Dorn, who portrayed Worf during all his on-screen appearances, also speaks the welcoming message as well as the level-up-notifications for KDF characters.
- Worf was first added to Star Trek Online with the release of “Bringing Down the House” as part of Season 2 in July 2010. In early October 2013, Worf's in-game model was revamped to more closely resemble Michael Dorn's actual likeness - just as Sela's model was when Legacy of Romulus launched.
- On October 29, 2013, it was announced that Michael Dorn would reprise his role as Worf for Star Trek Online, adding voice overs for all missions already in the game featuring Worf as well as one new Featured Episode “Sphere of Influence”, which was released one day later. For the other KDF-story missions, Worf's voiceovers were added to the game on December 5, 2013.
- Although Worf appears in missions released after “Sphere of Influence”, Michael Dorn recorded no new lines afterwards. Therefore Worf either speaks re-purposed lines from the previous missions or has no speaking part at all for his appearances following "Sphere of Influence".
- Worf's model was revamped again with Season Twenty: House Divided as part of the Year of Klingon updates.
References[edit | edit source]
- As the Romulan Republic wasn't available as a player-faction at the time, only Starfleet and KDF players could take part in “The Next Generation: 25th Anniversary” event.
[edit | edit source]
- Season 8 Dev Blog #15 - Anatomy of a Worf
- Season 8 Dev Blog #28 - Michael Dorn as Worf
- Worf at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Star Trek: Countdown at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- The Needs of the Many at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
Klingon Defense Force
|Details||Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Klingon • Gorn • Orion • Nausicaan • Lethean • Ferasan • Great House • Qo'noS • Klingon Academy • Rura Penthe • Boreth • Ganalda Station|
|Ground Forces||War Targ • Bekk • Warrior • Officer • Munitions Officer • Targ Handler • Swordmaster • Dahar Master|
|Starships||To'Duj Fighter • Bird-of-Prey (Prime Timeline) • Bird-of-Prey (Kelvin Timeline) • Raptor Escort • Klingon Battle Cruiser • Negh'Var Warship • Vo'Quv Dreadnought • Bortasqu' Dreadnought Battlecruiser|
|NPCs||B'vat • Galera • J'mpok • Jurlek • K'Gan • K'men • K'Valk • Kagran • Kahless • Koren • Martok • Nin'Yan • Rodek • Alexander Rozhenko • Sirella • Temek • Torg • Worf|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Batlh • I.K.S. Bortasqu' • I.K.S. Chot • I.K.S. Kal'Ruq • I.K.S. Kang • I.K.V. Quv • I.K.S. Seg'pa • I.K.S. Targ • I.K.S. Worvig|