A Maori from New Zealand on Earth, she bears a distinctive moko kauae on her chin.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Twin Tribulations”: Lieutenant Whetu describes the nature of the mission to the player.
- “Kobayashi Maru”: Whetu describes the training scenario, and provides status updates throughout the mission.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Utopia Planitia Report 1": At Utopia Planitia, Whetu and Ensign Elyos work to solve design problems with the plasma manifolds of the U.S.S. Hestia's engine assembly.
- "Utopia Planitia Report 2": Whetu and Elyos discuss ordered upgrades to the Galaxy dreadnought as part of Starfleet's ongoing efforts to remain competitive with the Klingons and Romulans, despite recent alliances.
- "Utopia Planitia Report 3": Disaster strikes while Whetu and Elyos are conducting an EVA to repair the U.S.S. Defiant. In order to rescue Elyos, Whetu must attempt an extremely dangerous maneuver.
- "Utopia Planitia: One Big Ship": Whetu and Elyos accompany a team of technicians on an inspection of the U.S.S. Enterprise, which is undergoing a large-scale refit. They meet with the Chief Engineer, Lieutenant Commander Kirayoshi O'Brien, who welcomes them aboard and cautions them that he has made a number of nonstandard modifications to the ship, and that they should consult him if they find anything outside normal specifications. He arranges to meet Whetu over dinner in ten-forward to discuss their progress.
- "A Gathering of Engineers": At Utopia Planitia, Lieutenant Whetu meets with Tum'Era of the Klingon Empire and James Hunt of the Borg Cooperative to evaluate recent proposals for new Competitive Wargames. While they reject proposals from the Ferengi and Excalbians, they approve three simulations: “Binary Circuit”, from Izar; “Core Assault”, from the Gorn; and “Twin Tribulations”, the Reman entry.
- "Jayce's Navy Interstellar: Through the Valley": Whetu is present on the Enterprise during preparations for its post-refit shakedown cruise.
- "Utopia Planetia: The Mystery of Yard 39": Leaving the Narendra's commissioning party, Whetu finds Elyos studying "weather reports" from the TL-9139 system. Elyos explains that nearly one hundred starships had been abandoned in the system in 2259 when a freak eruption from the local star flooded the area with Baryon radiation. Now, however, it appears that the radiation is abating, and it will be safe to re-enter the system within a few weeks. Elyos is excited by the prospect of recovering the antiquated ships, and applying what they learn from them to modern ship design.
- "The Past Reborn": A Jayce's Interstellar report announces the commissioning of the U.S.S. Europa, the first ship in a new class of vessels using technology inspired by Yard 39. Whetu and Elyos are credited with leading the team of engineers that evaluated the vessels formerly trapped at Yard 39.