We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- This article refers to the planet Vulcan. You may instead be looking for the Vulcan species.
Vulcan is a Class M planet in the Vulcan System and homeworld of the humanoid Vulcans, a founding member of the United Federation of Planets. The planet is located about 16 light years from Earth, in the Vulcan Sector.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- “Diplomatic Orders”: Ambassador Sokketh has to be picked up on Vulcan and transferred to the monastery on P'Jem.
- “Ancestral Sin”: Romulan Ambassador Jirok is concerned about his security on Vulcan as he visits the planet for diplomatic negotiations.
- “Empress Sela”: In order to "take revenge" for the destruction of Romulus, Empress Sela of the Romulan Star Empire launches a surprise attack on Vulcan. A Starfleet task force under the command of Admiral T'nae and including the player can thwart Sela's attack by using a tachyon detection grid encompassing the entire planet.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When “Diplomatic Orders” was remastered, several space stations were added to Vulcan's orbit. Before that the map was empty except for the planet.
- In an alternate timeline, Vulcan was destroyed in 2258 by Romulan miner Nero, who wanted revenge for the destruction of Romulus in 2387. These events also tie in with the disappearance of Ambassador Spock.
- Following the death of Leonard Nimoy in February 2015, a statue dedicated to Spock's memory was erected on the surface of the planet.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The memorial for Ambassador Spock on Vulcan.
[edit | edit source]
- Vulcan (planet) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vulcan (planet) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.