As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
- This article refers to the Vulcan species. You may instead be looking for the planet Vulcan.
Vulcans are a humanoid species native to the planet Vulcan. They were one of the founding races which created the United Federation of Planets, along with Humans, Andorians and Tellarites. Vulcans are a playable race in Star Trek Online, and belong to the Federation faction.
Physical features[edit | edit source]
In appearance, Vulcans are very similar to Humans, except for their pointed ears and upwards pointed thick eyebrows. They are more similar in appearance to Romulans, as both originated from the same species. Vulcan males very rarely have facial hair such as beards. Vulcans tend to have pale skin, sometimes with a slight green tint; however, Vulcans with dark skin are not unheard of, such as Tuvok. A Vulcan lifespan is about two centuries. They are also physically very strong, with natural strength up to three times greater than that of the average human.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Vulcans are very well known for their strict adherence to logic and for their honesty. It is said that Vulcans do not lie, and some say Vulcans are incapable of lying; however, they will should they deem it to be the logical solution to a given situation. Although Vulcans are very logical beings, they still have spiritual beliefs. Some Vulcans still undertake arranged marriages, which are typically arranged by the parents when the child is still of a young age, normally under 10 years old.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Species trait: Known for their logical minds and stoicism, Vulcans have extreme mental discipline and exceptional physical strength behind their veneer of implacability. Vulcans' force of will provides them with resistance to Psionic damage and any Placate or Confuse effects, while their physical strength increases their melee damage and gives their melee attacks a chance to knock down their foes.
- On Ground: Click "Mental Discipline" to free yourself from Hold effects. Bonus resistance to Psionic, Placate, and Confuse.
- On Ground: 0.15 bonus to Melee damage.
- 15% chance to knock down the target of your melee attacks.
- Special - Vulcan Science/Intelligence Officer Candidate
NPCs[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Vulcan at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vulcans at Starbase UGC, the user-generated-content Wiki for STO.
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|