Visual Slots are a feature added with the release of Season 11.5.
Slotting an impulse engine, shield, or deflector into one of these slots will override your ship's default appearance or any normally-slotted gear visuals. Only Deflectors, Impulse Engines and Shields that modify the appearance of a ship can be equipped in the Visuals tab. While equipped in the Visuals tab, the Visuals cannot be disabled either. The Visuals tab works with Loadouts and with automated equipment transfers to newly commissioned ships.
With the release of the [Tzenkethi Lock Box] special Vanity Shields were added to the game. They are cosmetic items that are not functional as a ship shield, but rather can only be slotted in a Shield vanity slot.
List of Sets/Items with a visual[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Season 11 Dev Blog - New Visual Slots
- StoVanityshields subreddit, for images of various vanity shields on ships
References[edit | edit source]
- The Kelvin Divergence vanity shield visuals differ between Federation and Klingon ships. For Federation characters the Einstein-class material is used, and for Klingon characters the Kelvin D7-class vessel material is used. Romulan and Jem'Hadar characters share the material of their allegiance choice.
- The Discovery vanity shield visuals differ between Federation and Klingon ships. For Federation characters the Crossfield-class material is used, and for Klingon characters the Sarcophagus vessel material is used. Romulan and Jem'Hadar characters share the material of their allegiance choice.
- The Reman Covariant Shield Array can be obtained and upgraded from either "Coliseum" or the New Romulus reputation. Both items share the same shield visual.
- The Aegis visuals differ between Federation and Klingon ships. It is blue for Federation characters, and red for Klingon characters. Romulan and Jem'Hadar characters share the colour of their allegiance choice.
- The Honor Guard and M.A.C.O sets have Adapted variants which have the same visuals, but different stats.
- All pieces of the Prevailing Regalia set (Deflector, Engine, and Shield) share the same visuals despite different monikers (Bolstered, Innervated, Fortified).
|Character||Emotes • Holo Emitters • Non-combat pets • Titles • Subspace Party Amplifiers • Uniform & Outfits (Tailors)|
|Ship||Fireworks • Holo Emitters • Hull Materials • Non-combat pets • Trophies • Ship Interiors • Visual Slots|