Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
History[edit | edit source]
Virinat was originally an agricultural colony, growing food for the Romulan Star Empire. After the destruction of Romulus in 2387, thousands of refugees flooded the planet, which the colony was unable to accommodate causing major damage to the settlement. Most of the refugees left, and the remaining colonists decided to try to rebuild.
Around 2399, a T'liss Light Warbird commanded by Malem entered orbit, looking for a place to call home. He and his crew decided to stay on Virinat, and contributed greatly to the welfare of the colony. Malem became the Maiori, Nevala the head of security, and D'Vex the chief engineer. The colony has prospered since then, and every year a festival called the Tapping is held to celebrate what has been achieved.
Unbeknownst to many of the Virinat colonists, Maiori Malem maintained covert communications with D'Tan, figurehead of the Romulan Republic, who provided the colony with vital water reclamation equipment, and smuggled ship parts to the colony. In return, the colony's engineers provided repairs to damaged ships from the Romulan Flotilla.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “A Day on the Farm” & “A Day in the Sun”: In early 2409, two weeks before the Borg attack on Vega Colony, Romulan Republic players explore Virinat, meet some of its residents, and learn about the Romulans' current situation in the quadrant.
- “Virinat, Invaded”: During the Tapping festival, Virinat comes under attack by the Tal Shiar and their Elachi allies.
- “Flight from Virinat”: The player and Tovan Khev escape the carnage on the surface and board Malem's old warbird, using it to save some of the fleeing colonists from the Tal Shiar.
- “Memory Lane”: Romulan Republic players return to the ruins of Virinat to investigate claims about the colony having been a covert Romulan Republic terrorist base. Although no evidence for any terrorist activity can be found, Malem's past communications with D'Tan are uncovered.
- “Shadow Play”: Months later, Federation players visit the ruins of Virinat to investigate a surviving former resident's claim, that the Tal Shiar were responsible for the destruction of the colony. After evidence is discovered implying the Elachi also participated in the attack, the player has to defend New Romulus against a major attack.
Colonists[edit | edit source]
- Avrak (farmer)
- D'Vex (engineer, later rescued from Station Alpha)
- D'Nal (later rescued from Station Alpha)
- D'Ral (historian/storyteller, later rescued from Station Alpha)
- Ekkhae (later rescued from Station Alpha)
- Tovan Khev (security)
- Maiori Malem (colony leader)
- Nevala (head of security)
- Rai (survivor at the Hfihar Mining Facility)
- Relken (survivor on Cirini Prime)
- Rh'vaurek (farmer, later rescued from Station Alpha)
- Teeshav (later rescued from Station Alpha)