Victory is Life
Victory is Life is the fourth expansion for Star Trek Online, which focuses on Deep Space 9 and the Gamma Quadrant, released on June 5th, 2018 for PC and July 24th, 2018 for Console. The expansion features actors, locals and lore from throughout the series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2018.
- 1 Victory is Life
- 2 Notes
- 3 External Links
Victory is Life[edit | edit source]
The Gamma Quadrant[edit | edit source]
The Gamma Quadrant is the final galactic quadrant to be added to Star Trek Online, it includes various locations from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It is accessible through the Bajoran Wormhole at Deep Space 9.
The Gamma Quadrant is also home to the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone. Unlike other battlezones, this zone encompasses the entire quadrant sector map.
New Faction[edit | edit source]
Gamma Recruits[edit | edit source]
New Grouped Content[edit | edit source]
- “Swarm”: In Swarm, a five-player cooperative space queue, Captains must defend a planetary evacuation operation from the Hur'q.
The following missions are part of the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone:
Completing 10 of these will unlock a final invasion:
Gamma Task Force Reputation[edit | edit source]
The Gamma Task Force is a new reputation for all factions. Marks for the reputation come from the queue Swarm and the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone. The elite mark for this reputation are Germanium Carapace Fragments, which come from Advanced and Elite versions of Swarm and completing significant events in the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone.
The reputation adds the following new gear:
- Space Set: Gamma Team Synergies
- Weapon Set: Task Force Ordinances
- Ground Set: Gamma Concerted Armaments
- Ground Kit Modules:
Level 65[edit | edit source]
With Victory is Life, the level cap has been increased to Level 65. Each level will unlock the following perk for your character:
- Level 61: Tier 5 Ship Token
- Level 62: Specialization Qualification Manual
- Level 63: New Captain Ability
- Level 64: Gamma Quadrant Duty Officers Cadre
- Level 65: Epic Admiralty Ship: C.U.V. Tain
Alongside the level cap increase, items can be upgraded to Mark XV.
Voice Acting[edit | edit source]
Twelve of the original cast members from Deep Space Nine joined Star Trek Online with Victory is Life:
- René Auberjonois, returning as Odo
- Armin Shimerman, returning as Quark
- Nana Visitor, returning as Kira Nerys
- J.G. Hertzler, returning as General Martok
- Andrew Robinson, returning as Elim Garak
- Alexander Siddig, returning as Julian Bashir
- Aron Eisenberg, returning as Nog
- Jeffrey Combs, returning as Weyoun and Brunt
- Chase Masterson, returning as Leeta
- Max Grodénchik, returning as Rom and Sovak
- Bumper Robinson, returning as Dukan'Rex
- Salome Jens, returning as the Female Changeling
Episodes[edit | edit source]
The Star Trek Online story continues with Victory is Life, including a new story arc, the Gamma Quadrant.
This includes the unique intro to the Dominion faction, "Engineered for War":
As well as a set of new faction-agnostic missions as part of the Gamma Quadrant episode:
- “Storm Clouds Gather” 
- “Armistice” 
- “The Search” 
- “Doomed to Repeat” 
- “Quark's Lucky Seven”
- “Tenebris Torquent”
- “Home” , released June 28, 2018
Alterations to old missions[edit | edit source]
In several early missions, characters were replaced by the new voice actors.
- “Field Promotions”: The S.S. Break Even Captain replaced by Quark. Vo'Lok and the U.S.S. Renown replaced by Nog and the U.S.S. Chimera.
- “Communication Breakdown”: Vo'Lok replaced by Nog
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: Vo'Lok replaced by Nog
- “The Ultimate Klingon”: Ghee P'Trell replaced by Julian Bashir.
- “Temporal Ambassador”: Rugan Skyl replaced by Elim Garak.
- “Second Wave”: Rugan Skyl replaced by Elim Garak.
- “Home Away From Homesick”: Rugan Skyl replaced by Elim Garak.
- “Operation Gamma”: Eraun replaced by Weyoun.
- “Facility 4028”: Eraun replaced by Weyoun. Voiceovers for Female Changeling added.
- “Boldly They Rode”: Eraun replaced by Weyoun. Voiceovers for Female Changeling added.
- “Surface Tension”: Rugan Skyl replaced by Elim Garak. Rom added.
- “The Temporal Front”: Rugan Skyl replaced by Elim Garak. Kira Nerys, Rom and Leeta added.
- “Sun, Sand, and Scavenging”: For the 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival, Qwen was replaced by Sovak.
Deep Space Nine revamp[edit | edit source]
The Deep Space Nine ground map has been completely replaced with a new one that more faithfully matched what was seen on TV, built using the actual plans from the Promenade set. The exterior model for Deep Space 9 was also replaced with one that more faithfully matched the filming model used in the television series, created by modeler Tobias Richter.
Ships[edit | edit source]
Lohlunat Festival 2018
New C-Store Ships
- Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier
- Jem'Hadar Vanguard Heavy Raider
- Jem'Hadar Vanguard Dreadnought Cruiser
- Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship
- Cardassian Intel Science Dreadnought
- Cardassian Intel Flight-Deck Cruiser
- Cardassian Intel Escort
These ships were already present in-game, but they're becoming available once more with the Gamma Vanguard Pack as an account-wide unlock.
Species[edit | edit source]
Victory is Life adds new species to the game:
- Playable Cardassian Species, for the Starfleet and Klingon Defense Force players
- Playable Jem'Hadar and Jem'Hadar Vanguard Species, for the Dominion.
Other changes[edit | edit source]
Romulan players will now have access to Tier 5 and Tier 6 ships of their chosen ally, save for the following ships:
- Federation Heavy Destroyers
- Klingon Empire Heavy Destroyers
- Federation Temporal Science Vessels
- Klingon Empire Temporal Science Vessels
- Terran Empire Temporal Destroyers
- Klingon-Cardassian Alliance Temporal Destroyers
- Command Assault Cruiser (T6)
- Fleet Command Assault Cruiser (T6)
- Undiscovered Lock Box
- 26th Century Temporal Heavy Dreadnoughts
- 23rd Century Tier 6 Ships
- Kelvin Timeline Lock Box
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Victory is Life was first teased at the end of the Season Fourteen: Emergence trailer at Star Trek Las Vegas.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Developer Blog: Victory Is Life - Our Fourth Expansion, Coming June 2018!
- Garak and Bashir's Return Announcement
- Developer Blog: Aron Eisenberg Joins the Cast of Victory is Life!
- Deep Space Nine gets a total rebuild
- Two New Ships Join the Gamma Vanguard Pack!
- Romulans: Fly the Ships of Your Allies!
- Deep Space Nine's New Exterior
|Seasons in Star Trek Online|
PC Release Date
Console Release Date
||Star Trek Online||Game launch||
02 Feb 2010
6 Sep 2016
| Season 1:
|PvP, new fleet actions, more customization options|| |
24 Mar 2010
| Season 2:
|Level cap increase (40-50), Tier 5 ships, new content (Undine Advance, Klingon Sector, Diplomacy missions)|| |
27 Jul 2010
| Season 3:
|The Foundry (Beta), Sector Space graphics revamp|| |
09 Dec 2010
| Season 4:
|Ground combat revamp, UI update, revamp of First City|| |
07 Jul 2011
| Season 5:
Call to Arms
|Defera Adventure Zone, Duty Officer system, skill revamp and STF overhaul|| |
01 Dec 2011
| Season 6:
|Fleet Advancement System (including fleet ships and missions), Nukara Adventure Zone|| |
12 Jul 2012
| Season 7:
|New Romulus Adventure Zone, Reputation System (Task Force Omega, New Romulus), and Tau Dewa Sector Block|| |
13 Nov 2012
Legacy of Romulus
|Playable Romulan faction (with its own ships, missions and hubs), Klingon missions for levels 1-20, Nimbus Adventure Zone, UI revamp, New equipment slot: Warp Core, Nukara Strikeforce reputation|| |
21 May 2013
| Season 8:
|New enemy (the Voth) and Dyson Joint Command reputation faction, Dyson Sphere Space Adventure Zone & Ground Battlezone|| |
12 Nov 2013
|Season 8.5||4th Anniversary with new Feature Mission, Klingon War revamp, Quick Equip, Loadouts, starship switching mechanics|| |
30 Jan 2014
| Season 9:
A New Accord
|New Feature Mission advancing timeline to 2410, Space Battlezone, Borg Advance revamp, revamp of Reputation System, 8472 Counter-Command reputation faction, Traits & Kits|| |
22 Apr 2014
|Season 9.5||Crafting revamp|| |
21 Jul 2014
|Level cap increase (50-60), Tier 6 ships, Mk XIII-XIV gear (Gear Upgrade System), addition of Delta Quadrant, Captain Specialization system, Delta Alliance reputation faction and Kobali adventure zone|| |
14 Oct 2014
|Mid-season update||Command Specialization, Bridge Officer training revamp, Secondary Deflectors, Romulan Mystery arc revamp, Foundry Top 3|| |
29 Jan 2015
| Season 10:
The Iconian War
|New enemy (the Heralds), Iconian Resistance reputation faction, expanded Pilot specialization and complete overhaul of Sector Space into Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants|| |
21 Apr 2015
|Season 10.5||Fleet Research Lab, Fleet Armada System|| |
16 Jul 2015
| Season 11:
|Beginning of new major story arc, Admiralty System, Cardassian Struggle revamp, Badlands Battlezone, Terran Task Force reputation faction|| |
27 Oct 2015
|Season 11.5||Skill system revamp, Visual Slots, Romulan Republic Admiralty campaign, Strategist Specialization|| |
12 Apr 2016
Agents Of Yesterday
|New TOS Federation playable faction, Yesterday's War arc, Temporal Operative Specialization, Temporal Defense Initiative reputation faction||
6 Jul 2016
14 Feb 2017
|Agents Of Yesterday: Artifacts||Fleet Station K-13, Kit revamp, graphics and lighting update, beginning of new major story arc|| |
25 Oct 2016
| Season 12:
|New enemy (the Tzenkethi), Tzenkethi Battlezone, R&D: Kits and Modules School, Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation||
26 Jan 2017
18 Apr 2017
| Season 13:
|Competitive Wargames reputation, Space Skill rebalance, Player Potential System||
25 Apr 2017
6 Jun 2017
|Season 13.5||Endeavor System, Ferengi Alliance Admiralty campaign||
18 Jul 2017
7 Sep 2017
| Season 14:
|New Fleet Colony World five-tier holding and defense queues, “Red Alert: Tzenkethi”, Miracle Worker Specialization||
3 Oct 2017
14 Nov 2017
|Season 14.5||Constable Specialization||
3 Apr 2018
22 May 2018
Victory is Life
|New Dominion playable faction, level cap increase (65), Mk XV gear, playable Cardassians, Gamma Quadrant arc and locations, including Gamma Quadrant Battlezone, Gamma Task Force reputation faction, Deep Space 9 revamp.||
5 Jun 2018
25 July 2018