Lieutenant Commander Kyla VanZyl is a Starfleet Intelligence officer.
History[edit | edit source]
By 2410 she was promoted to Lt Commander to head up join-Alliance intelligence operations. For that, she was stationed on the U.S.S. Voyager. At some point during her service on Voyager she was infected with a Bluegill parasite. The parasite took control of VanZyl and attempted to prevent Sela from activating an Iconian gate, but was stopped by an Alliance officer. This led to the beginning of the Iconian War, but allowed the Alliance to gain some more information on the Iconians and their Heralds.
Following the reappearance of J'Ula of House Mo'Kai and her Klingon warriors, as well as the incursion of Terran forces from the 23rd century led by Sylvia Tilly, VanZyl was tasked with overseeing the protection of the planet Pahvo.
Missions given[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Secret Orders”: Lieutenant VanZyl is assigned to the player's ship and aids in the investigation of B'vat's research facility in the Briar Patch.
- “The Doomsday Device”: VanZyl assists the player in the commandeering of a B'rel Bird-of-Prey in order to stop B'vat's Planet Killer.
- “Mindscape”: VanZyl, now a Lt. Commander, meets the player onboard U.S.S. Voyager. She explains that despite the ship's age, her previous experience in the Delta Quadrant makes her suited to operating there.
- “Alliances”: VanZyl again meets the player onboard Voyager when the player arrives for a briefing on a plan to form a coalition of local species to counter the threat of the Vaadwaur.
- “Uneasy Allies”: VanZyl hails the player from a shuttle near the Hobus System, and claims she has detected unusual readings and requires backup. After the player rescues her from a Romulan attack, VanZyl joins the player in the Hobus facility, where they discover an escaped Empress Sela attempting to activate the Iconian Gateway. They relucantly join forces with Sela, who claims to be attempting to uncover the Iconians' plans for the galaxy. VanZyl later betrays the player and, after she is defeated, it is revealed that she had been infected by a Bluegill parasite while in the Delta Quadrant. VanZyl is transported to the player's ship, where it is expected she will make a full recovery due to her Trill physiology.
- “Midnight”: Kyla VanZyl attends the Iconian Resistance briefing aboard the Kyana Research Station in advance of the last battle of the Iconian War.