A Vaadwaur Assault Vessel, which represents the bulk of the Vaadwaur fleets.
The Vaadwaur Supremacy was a vast empire, ruled by the Vaadwaur, that once spanned the Delta Quadrant until it was destroyed. In 2410, a relatively short-lived resurgence of Vaadwaur trying to re-establish the Supremacy took place.
History[edit | edit source]
The Supremacy ruled much the Delta Quadrant at its height, using a network of subspace corridors - the Underspace - to launch sneak attacks on neighboring systems. Eventually, however, an alliance of species led by the Turei managed to defeat the Vaadwaur in the 15th century and force the survivors to place themselves into stasis in the hopes of one day rebuilding their culture.
In 2376, the U.S.S. Voyager landed on the now-lifeless Vaadwaur homeworld to hide from a Turei patrol. While there, the crew discovered a battalion of Vaadwaur in stasis and Seven of Nine awakened them. While the crew of Voyager initially helped the Vaadwaur start to rebuild, they eventually discovered the nature of the culture they'd revived and were forced to flee before the Vaadwaur could capture their vessel. Several dozen of their ships escaped the planet, disappearing to parts unknown.
By 2410 the Supremacy has been reborn, and has used surprisingly powerful ships and weapons to wreak havoc across the Delta Quadrant and overthrow several major factions, such as the Krenim Imperium and the B'omar Sovereignty.
Territory[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Revelations”: The Supremacy besieges the Turei homeworld, easily defeating a Voth task force sent to defend the planet.
- Kobali Prime Ground Battlezone: The Supremacy fights against joint Alliance-Kobali forces to reclaim their control over former colony world and liberate captured Vaadwaur stored in hybernation chambers.
- “With Friends Like These...”: Player is tasked with learning more about Delta Quadrant species, including the Vaadwaur.
- “All That Glitters”: The player meets Supremacy leader Gaul and attempts to negotiate a ceasefire.
- “Know Your Enemies”: As the Vaadwaur begin to increase their efforts to control the Delta Quadrant, player is dispatched on a routine patrol to several systems where their fleets might be lurking.
- “Capture the Flag”: Supremacy forces stage a boarding action on the R.R.W. Lleiset in the Orlitus System.
- “The Dragon's Deceit”: The player infiltrates a Supremacy base in the Kartella System and discovers a that parts of the Vaadwaur leadership are infested with neural parasites. Supremacy Commander Eldex is shocked, and agrees to assist the player in exposing the leadership.
- “Alliances”: Vaadwaur forces launch a full-scale attack on the Turei homeworld.
- “Better with Friends”: Player is sent to honor newly-formed alliances with the Delta Quadrant species by helping them fight off the Vaadwaur.
- “Kelsid System Patrol”: Artillery Ships are among Vaadwaur vessels attacking a Talaxian convoy.
- “Ram Izad System Patrol”: The player is deputized by a Benthan patrol requesting assistance in luring in and destroying several Vaadwaur vessels.
- “Farn System Patrol”: Artillery Ships are among Vaadwaur vessels attacking Cooperative ships disabled by the solar flare in the Farn System.
- “Zahl System Patrol”: Artillery Ships lead an invasion on the alien colony in the Zahl System.
- “Revolution”: The player joins Commander Eldex in a mission to expose the Supremacy leadership, which results in a split between Vaadwaur loyal to Eldex and Gaul.
- “Taking Care of Enemies”: Player is sent to protect other species from constant Vaadwaur attacks.
- “Wyanti System Patrol”: Vaadwaur forces attack the player and Turei vessels for illegally using their Underspace.
- “Pansarka System Patrol”: Artillery Vessels are part of the Vaadwaur fleet attacked by the player and Hirogens.
- “Gerren System Patrol”: Rai Sahen, commanding the R.R.W. Hasta, requests the player's assistance in the Gerren System, negotiating with a group of defecting Vaadwaur attempting to seek asylum from the war.
- “The Battle of Korfez”: Artillery Vessels are part of a large Vaadwaur fleet led by V.S.W. Implacable tasked with destabilizing the Korfez Star.
- “Takedown”: The player leads the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld to put an end to the Supremacy's threat to the quadrant. Gaul is killed in a pitched battle, and although it is discovered that he was in fact not infested with a neural parasite, Eldex demands that this must not be known by the rest of the galaxy.
- “Dust to Dust”: Vaadwaur forces launch an attack on the Kobali Temple in response to a signal activated by Keten.
Iconian War[edit | edit source]
- “Time in a Bottle”: At least some of the Vaadwaur forces still seem to be intact and under Iconian control as the Iconians instruct the Heralds as well as the Vaadwaur to vigorously patrol the Kyana System in their search for the last Krenim holdout. One Vaadwaur ship attacks Nog and the player in the system's asteroid field.
Military[edit | edit source]
Despite their original technology being nine hundred years out of date, the Vaadwaur have made an impressive comeback over the years and now sport some of the most powerful warships in the Delta Quadrant.
Starships[edit | edit source]
Ground Forces[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gaul, leader of the Supremacy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Vaadwaur were introduced in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Dragon's Teeth".
- In the mission “Butterfly”, the player participates in several holodeck simulations to determine changes to the timeline that could result from the use of the K.I.S. Annorax. One simulation shows the effects of preventing Voyager from discovering the Vaadwaur and awakening them from stasis - the Iconians simply chose another race to act in their stead.
[edit | edit source]
- Vaadwaur at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Building the Vaadwaur
- Fleet Admiral Report - The Vaadwaur
- Fleet Admiral Report - Designing Vaadwaur
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|