A Vaadwaur Assault Vessel, which represents the bulk of the Vaadwaur fleets.
The Vaadwaur Supremacy was a vast empire, ruled by the Vaadwaur, that once spanned the Delta Quadrant until it was destroyed. In 2410, a relatively short-lived resurgence of Vaadwaur trying to re-establish the Supremacy took place.
History[edit | edit source]
Prior to the 15th century, the Vaadwaur discovered and mapped the Underspace, a vast network of subspace corridors that allowed them access to star systems throughout the Delta Quadrant. They used the Underspace for exploration, commerce, and conquest, earning them the envy and enmity of hundreds of species. The population of the Vaadwaur around that time was six billion.
The Vaadwaur encountered the Borg during their travels, who at the time had assimilated only a handful of star systems. Another of the races they encountered were the Talax-ilzay, the ancestors of modern Talaxians, whose folklore included stories of a "phantom army" that appeared out of thin air and destroyed entire colonies before disappearing. In the old Talaxian language, "vaadwaur" is a word that means "foolish", an admonishment to those who trusted the Vaadwaur. Numerous other, similar references also testify to the aggression of the Vaadwaur.
Eventually, a coalition comprising the Turei and other species was formed to end the Vaadwaur threat once and for all. Their campaign culminated in the orbital bombardment of the Vaadwaur homeworld in 1484, which was believed to have resulted in the extinction of the Vaadwaur. The Turei subsequently claimed the Underspace for themselves.
A Vaadwaur battalion, numbering six hundred, managed to survive the attack underground in stasis units. Believing that the Turei coalition would quickly disintegrate after their defeat, they intended to reawaken in five years and reclaim one of their former colonies. However, a technical malfunction left them in stasis until they were discovered by the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager, 892 years later in 2376, and awoken by Seven of Nine. The Voyager crew found the Vaadwaur a new planet on which to rebuild.
Frustrated by their antiquated technology and the encroachment of successors such as the Borg and the Devore Imperium on their former holdings, the Vaadwaur resolved to take control of Voyager instead. They were driven back with help from the Turei and Gedrin, one of their own who disagreed with their imperialistic ambitions. Fifty-three Vaadwaur vessels managed to flee into the Underspace, disappearing to parts unknown. (VOY: "Dragon's Teeth")
By 2410 the Supremacy has been reborn, and has used surprisingly powerful ships and weapons to wreak havoc across the Delta Quadrant and overthrow several major factions, such as the Krenim Imperium and the B'omar Sovereignty.
Territory[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Revelations”: The Supremacy besieges the Turei homeworld, easily defeating a Voth task force sent to defend the planet.
- “All That Glitters”: The player meets Supremacy leader Gaul and attempts to negotiate a ceasefire.
- “The Kobali Front”: Player is sent by an Alliance contact to Kobali Prime, to assist the Kobali in the war against the Vaadwaur.
- “Kobali Crisis Act I”:
- “The Cavalry”: Kobali General Q'Nel, commanding the Kobali's fight against the invading Vaadwaur, asks the player to assist Kobali soldiers in the capital, and defend a Vaadwaur assault on the city gates.
- “The Son”: The player meets with Hanchon Jetanian outside the city. Jetanian asks the player to help motivate frightened troops, and to repair a transporter pad disabled by the Vaadwaur. Meanwhile, Captain Harry Kim reveals his concerns that the Kobali are hiding something.
- “The Temple of my People”: The player and Captain Kim investigate Kim's suspicions of the Kobali temple. Inside, they discover that the Kobali are keeping Vaadwaur stasis pods, and are putting dead Vaadwaur from failed pods through their rebirth process.
- “Data Recovery”: The player recovers biological and surveillance data from a Kobali base which has been overrun by the Vaadwaur, and erases the data from the computers.
- “Legira System Patrol”: The player taps into Vaadwaur communication satellites in the Legira System.
- “Capture the Flag”: Supremacy forces stage a boarding action on the R.R.W. Lleiset in the Orlitus System.
- “Kobali Crisis Act II”:
- “Looming Shadows”: After examining the bodies of fallen Vaadwaur, the player discovers that the Vaadwaur have used data on Kobali biology to develop a vaccine against the Kobali's genetic virus. After further investigation, the player discovers that the Vaadwaur plan to infect all species on the planet - living and dead - with the virus, rendering the Kobali unable to reproduce.
- “Hidden Assault”: The player recovers data on the Vaadwaur weapons from a former Vaadwaur base. The data reveal that the Vaadwaur have also developed a biological weapon which can instantly kill Kobali, confirming the Vaadwaur plan to commit genocide against the Kobali people.
- “A New Warfare”: The player attacks a Vaadwaur base and obtains the original strain of the Vaadwaur virus.
- “The Dragon's Deceit”: The player infiltrates a Supremacy base in the Kartella System and discovers a that parts of the Vaadwaur leadership are infested with neural parasites. Supremacy Commander Eldex is shocked, and agrees to assist the player in exposing the leadership.
- “Kobali Crisis Act III”:
- “Breaking the Wall”: In an effort to prevent the Vaadwaur from deploying their virus, the player leads an assault on the Vaadwaur's forward base.
- “With Our Last Breath”: The player attacks the Vaadwaur base of operations, destroys the virus, and defeats Vaadwaur Overseer Mengin.
- “Our Chance for Peace”: The Kobali promise to cease putting deceased Vaadwaur through the rebirth process, to maintain Vaadwaur stasis pods which are still functioning, and to make efforts to return the pods to the Vaadwaur if, and when, the Vaadwaur cease their attack on the city.
- “Brothra System Patrol”: Vaadwaur fleet attacks Octanti and Cooperative vessels.
- “Nular System Patrol”: Romulan Republic operative Rai Sahen assists the player in gathering navigational data from Vaadwaur ships in the Nular System to determine the location of their main base.
- “Alliances”: Vaadwaur forces launch a full-scale attack on the Turei homeworld.
- “Kelsid System Patrol”: Artillery Ships are among Vaadwaur vessels attacking a Talaxian convoy.
- “Ram Izad System Patrol”: The player is deputized by a Benthan patrol requesting assistance in luring in and destroying several Vaadwaur vessels.
- “Farn System Patrol”: Artillery Ships are among Vaadwaur vessels attacking Cooperative ships disabled by the solar flare in the Farn System.
- “Zahl System Patrol”: Artillery Ships lead an invasion on the alien colony in the Zahl System.
- “Revolution”: The player joins Commander Eldex in a mission to expose the Supremacy leadership, which results in a split between Vaadwaur loyal to Eldex and Gaul.
- “Wyanti System Patrol”: Vaadwaur forces attack the player and Turei vessels for illegally using their Underspace.
- “Pansarka System Patrol”: Artillery Vessels are part of the Vaadwaur fleet attacked by the player and Hirogens.
- “Gerren System Patrol”: Rai Sahen, commanding the R.R.W. Hasta, requests the player's assistance in the Gerren System, negotiating with a group of defecting Vaadwaur attempting to seek asylum from the war.
- “The Battle of Korfez”: Artillery Vessels are part of a large Vaadwaur fleet led by V.S.W. Implacable tasked with destabilizing the Korfez Star.
- “Takedown”: The player leads the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld to put an end to the Supremacy's threat to the quadrant. Gaul is killed in a pitched battle, and although it is discovered that he was in fact not infested with a neural parasite, Eldex demands that this must not be known by the rest of the galaxy.
- “Dust to Dust”: Vaadwaur forces launch an attack on the Kobali Temple in response to a signal activated by Keten.
Iconian War[edit | edit source]
- “Time in a Bottle”: At least some of the Vaadwaur forces still seem to be intact and under Iconian control as the Iconians instruct the Heralds as well as the Vaadwaur to vigorously patrol the Kyana System in their search for the last Krenim holdout. One Vaadwaur ship attacks Nog and the player in the system's asteroid field.
Military[edit | edit source]
Despite their original technology being nine hundred years out of date, the Vaadwaur have made an impressive comeback over the years and now sport some of the most powerful warships in the Delta Quadrant.
Starships[edit | edit source]
Ground Forces[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gaul, leader of the Supremacy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Vaadwaur were introduced in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Dragon's Teeth".
- In the mission “Butterfly”, the player participates in several holodeck simulations to determine changes to the timeline that could result from the use of the K.I.S. Annorax. One simulation shows the effects of preventing Voyager from discovering the Vaadwaur and awakening them from stasis - the Iconians simply chose another race to act in their stead.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Vaadwaur at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Building the Vaadwaur
- Fleet Admiral Report - The Vaadwaur
- Fleet Admiral Report - Designing Vaadwaur
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|