Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Utopia Planitia Shipyards
The Utopia Planitia Shipyards are a Federation starship construction and repair facility in orbit of Mars in the Sol System. Along with the San Francisco Fleet Yards in Earth orbit, the Utopia Planitia Shipyards are one of the major starship design and construction facilities of Starfleet. As of 2409, the shipyards are defended by the 3rd fleet.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”: As part of a Klingon taskforce, the player raids the shipyards.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Utopia Planitia Report 1": Lieutenant Whetu and Ensign Elyos of Utopia Planitia work to solve design problems with the plasma manifolds of the U.S.S. Hestia's engine assembly.
- "Utopia Planitia Report 2": Whetu and Elyos discuss ordered upgrades to the Galaxy dreadnought as part of Starfleet's ongoing efforts to remain competitive with the Klingons and Romulans, despite recent alliances.
- "Utopia Planitia Report 3": Disaster strikes while Whetu and Elyos are conducting an EVA to repair the U.S.S. Defiant. In order to rescue Elyos, Whetu must attempt an extremely dangerous maneuver.
- "Utopia Planitia: One Big Ship": Whetu and Elyos accompany a team of technicians on an inspection of the U.S.S. Enterprise, which is undergoing a large-scale refit. They meet with the Chief Engineer, Lieutenant Commander Kirayoshi O'Brien, who welcomes them aboard and cautions them that he has made a number of nonstandard modifications to the ship, and that they should consult him if they find anything outside normal specifications. He arranges to meet Whetu over dinner in ten-forward to discuss their progress.
- "A Gathering of Engineers": At Utopia Planitia, Lieutenant Whetu meets with Tum'Era of the Klingon Empire and James Hunt of the Borg Cooperative to evaluate recent proposals for new Competitive Wargames. While they reject proposals from the Ferengi and Excalbians, they approve three simulations: “Binary Circuit”, from Izar; “Core Assault”, from the Gorn; and “Twin Tribulations”, the Reman entry.
- "Utopia Planetia: The Mystery of Yard 39": Leaving the Narendra's commissioning party, Whetu finds Elyos studying "weather reports" from the TL-9139 system. Elyos explains that nearly one hundred starships had been abandoned in the system in 2259 when a freak eruption from the local star flooded the area with Baryon radiation. Now, however, it appears that the radiation is abating, and it will be safe to re-enter the system within a few weeks. Elyos is excited by the prospect of recovering the antiquated ships, and applying what they learn from them to modern ship design.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Odyssey Class”: The player takes the new Odyssey class on a shakedown cruise around the shipyards.
- “First Contact Day”: The player travels to the shipyard in order to meet the senior staff of the newly commissioned U.S.S. Enterprise-F.