Minor Main Page revamp[edit source]
Thanks for uploading all the new trait icons!!! I would appreciate your feedback to my proposal :) --Akirasensei (talk) 10:29, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Well, i like the idea of an 'endgame' tab and your concept overall, although i don't see the main page too often. Besides, updating the icons is a bunch of work, if you notice there are the new trait icons, the new ability icons for romulan characters, new items... i think there should be a tutorial on how to acquire icons from the game data. especially now as the hoster for the STO Icons Pack is down. so far, thanks for cantacting me and sorry for my (hopefully not) bad english.
- Oh, don't worry, you speak better than some native English speakers I've met :p It's not only the icons, but updating all the outdated information about traits, skills etc... I've revamped the Guide: Basics, Skills and Traits article - been quite a load of work, but, hey, it's fun :D COuld you have a look at my new template: Template:Featured Media (which is used on my new Main Page proposal) and help me with implementing the images in a way that the captions are below them, but without using the 'thumb" parameter, i.e., without creating a second frame around them? --Akirasensei (talk) 11:34, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- how about:i experimented a bit and this seems to work out. i have no idea, why the image is centered or how to adjust the size of the fpbox container, but maybe you can make use of it. it's just the image and the text without any formatting.
- Thanks. Looks perfect now: Main Page/editcopy --Akirasensei (talk) 15:40, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- glad i could help. and for the new icons i have another issue. on pages of boff-only traits, the icons aren't displayed, like here. although the icon for it IS uploaded here. it works perfectly for traits, players can have too. --Synonymously (talk) 16:18, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Seems to be a problem with this template: Template:Traitheader. I don't know when I will find time to look into it. Perhaps you want to tinker around a bit ;) --Akirasensei (talk) 17:30, 28 July 2013 (UTC)