Any suggestion, question or else? Type and I'll see to answer asap.
Thanks a lot for cataloging such a huge amount of ships and NPCs during the week. That is really a huge help in expanding the Wiki and covering a lot of content. Especially Klingon content is much appreciated, since the Wiki is currently a bit thin there. So thanks again and keep up the great work. --RachelGarrett 15:41, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- I second RG's comments! Thank you SO MUCH for your help. We've been struggling to keep on top of all the new changes. It's a bit overwhelming, so your work is GREATLY appreciated! Cheers! - Veranis 12:07, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
Again, a lot of thanks for the huge amount of updates and cataloging in the past weeks. Keep 'em coming! --RachelGarrett 16:03, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for all the work you've done on the wiki. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you set your video settings to maximum when taking images for the site? It can lead to substantially better images of characters and ships close-up. --MatthewM 06:29, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Good idea, thanks. I'll see to it. Markonian 10:02, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
I've got to say, great job on the Romulan and Cardassian front missions, ships, NPCs, etc... You've added so much I can hardly keep up! You're a real asset to the community. If there's anything I can help with, let me know. --Zutty 23:06, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Star Trek Canon[edit source]
I've noticed you've been very active lately adding and editing articles based on wider Star Trek canon. I think its great that you're contributing so much, and think that the wiki needs people like you, however I'm a little concerned about the type of content you are focussing on. This wiki is for in-game lore. Articles like Shinzon and William T. Riker really belong on Memory Alpha. This is clearly stated in the wiki guidelines.
I suppose STOWiki is in a unique position of documenting only a small part of a much wider universe, but we need to keep the boundaries clear. There is no advantage is just mirroring content that is already in MA, and it will be confusing to newbies who dont know whether or not Shinzon and Riker are actually in-game.
I hate to single you out as lots of people (me included) have created articles that dont pertain to STO, however at some point a line has to be drawn. I'm not going to delete your articles as that would be unfair and I haven't discussed such a move with the other admins (plus its not like being an admin lets me do whatever I like - this is a collaborative effort), however I'm going to add a note in these articles that states they do not relate to STO.
I dont wish to alienate you as you are a real asset to the community and you write very well... I just wish you'd focus your effort on articles we do need. There are loads of mission articles that are in desperate need of re-writing.
Please let me know your thoughts. --Zutty 13:22, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing all my typos! I really can't spell 'abilities'! LOL. --Zutty 11:16, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- You're not the only one committing this error. ;-) I've did it on time and then copy&pasted it over and over... --Markonian 15:47, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
Need help? Feel free to ask me.[edit source]
(though I'm not an Admin) . . .
- Where do you get the statistics about the npc ships like the K'Norr Escort? The Klingon Jedi (talk) 22:07, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
Replying back about 4208[edit source]
I one differance is that you do not have to tag everyone. Thanks for leting me know about the note thing becuase I am a newer user who has been playing for almost 250 days and have been a registered user for about a year. --Tuvok2409 02:15, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- That's not the point of the note, though - the note says that the outcome of the mission is not affected by the lethal/non-lethal choice. Obviously you must take different actions during the mission, but that's not what the note is talking about. Dr ishmael 03:07, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, so it boils down to a simple misunderstanding. Now that's cleared up, lets hope they some nifty accolades sometime. --Markonian 11:02, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Terran Ship Pics[edit source]
You said on the Talk:Terran Cruiser page that you had images of numerous Terran Empire ships (Intrepid, Defiant, etc). Have you uploaded them to STOwiki yet? They'd be very useful on their respective pages. - Mitchz95 23:05, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder! I'm on holiday over the weekend - I'll upload the pictures on Monday. Markonian 18:32, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
No prob. Enjoy your holiday! - Mitchz95 03:49, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I've been working my a.. off @ STOWiki lately^^ soooo much to do. So many things I wanna tackle. E.g. a standartized info box for all sector blocks, expanding all remaing system stubs, revamping the List of missions-article, AND having some event calendar thingy for STOWiki's frontpage... --Akira-sensei 20:56, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
Admin nomination[edit source]
As we've already discussed, you've now been nominated as a potential admin. Please accept or decline by following the instructions in the middle of the page on STOWiki:Requests for adminship/Markonian. Thank you. — Eyes 21:32, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
- Just a reminder to accept or decline the nomination publicly. The others have done so, and as soon as you do, I'll announce the nominations. — Eyes 21:50, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- I have followed the link and accepted the nomination. Sorry it took me so long to react, RL had my attention this week. --Markonian 20:29, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- Real life happens. In any event, the ball's rolling now, so all is well. — Eyes 22:50, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
Your RfA has been accepted by the administrative team, so congratulations and welcome to the team. We'll get your actual account promoted soon. — Eyes 22:38, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. I'm proud to have earned this status and look forward to continue supporting STOWiki in the best possible fashion. Markonian 00:42, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
- Congratulations, you have now been promoted to an official admin with all the priviliges and duties that come with this rank. Thank you for your continued contributions to this Wiki, shall it live long and prosper! --RachelGarrett 06:47, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
My Bad[edit source]
I just wanted to apologise for undoing a spelling correction you made on Launch Scorpion Fighters. I mis-read the diff and thought you had changed it to 'Hanger' when the reverse was actually true. I only realised after I saved, and felt really bad about it, so I'm sorry for that. I fixed it again afterwards. A few weeks away and my first edit back is a blunder. My bad. Tahno (talk) 10:52, 11 November 2013 (UTC)