Introduction[edit | edit source]
Traits are a feature that effect your character and your bridge officers at a global level. They have a direct influence on the strenghts of your characer and, as they are a permanent choice and cannot be revised after they have been set during character creation, should be chosen carefully.
Basics[edit | edit source]
Each character is allowed a total of four traits. Most races come pre-selected with one, two or even three traits, while the player picks the remaining ones. In addition each race has his own trait pool from where the player has to pick its traits, limiting some traits to a few races (i.e. Acute Senses) or even making a trait mutually exclusive to one race (i.e. Pirate for Nausicaans).
Experienced players consider which role they are going to play in the game when selecting a combination of race and traits. Some races are better suited for certain roles than others. Betazoids for example make fairly well medics, since they automatically start with a trait that not only decreases their Threat generation but also increases the Health Regenation on their team.
Note: Bridge officers also have traits. Each Bridge officer will have four of them, generated upon creation of the officer. Bridge Officers mostly share their trait pools with player characters although there are some slight differences.
- Do you want to know more about bridge officer traits?
Details[edit | edit source]
When you skim through the various available traits showing during character creation you will notice that they are divided into four categories Innate, Enhancement, Passive and Activatable as well as Space and Ground traits. While the difference between Ground and Space seems obvious the four categories are a bit more complicated to understand.
Innate traits are active all the time but only affect your player character.
Enhancements are also active all the time but in addition to only affecting your player character they are limited to enhancing specific powers only.
Passive traits are a little broader. They might affect your whole team, or require a certain condition to be met before activating. Most team affecting passive traits have a rather small area of effect.
Activatable traits are like the name suggests activatable. You use them by selecting them on your quickbar. With the exception of Spirit Walk all of them require an enemy as active target.
- See our trait chart for an overview of viable race and trait combinations.
List of Traits[edit | edit source]
Space[edit | edit source]
|Efficient Captain||Liberated Borg||Yes||Innate|
|Joined Symbiote||Joined Trill||No||Innate|
Ground[edit | edit source]
|Acute Senses||Andorian, Ferengi, Saurian||Yes||Innate|
|Borg Nanites||Liberated Borg||No||Passive|
|Borg Neural Blast||None||Yes||Activatable|
|Hyper Metabolism||Joined Trill, Trill||No||Passive|
|Natural Immunities||Benzite, Ferengi||Yes||Innate|
|Physical Strength||Nausicaan, Orion (male), Vulcan||Yes||Enhancement|
See also[edit | edit source]
- Trait list - Complete list of all traits ingame.
- Trait chart - Trait charts for viable race and trait combinations
- Suggested trait builds - A guide on what traits to pick.
- Bridge Officer Traits
- Unused Traits
References[edit | edit source]
- While not required this trait is only available for Gorn
- While not required this trait is only available for Liberated Borg
- While not required this trait is only available for Andorian
- While not required this trait is only available for Vulcan
- While not required this trait is only available for Caitian
- While not required this trait is only available for Orion
- While not required this trait is only available for Alien and Lethean