Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Unimatrix 0047 Command Ship
Ten Unimatrix 0047 Command Ships are employed by Borg Unimatrix 0047 for the Borg Collective's invasion of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. It is significantly stronger than any other dreadnoughts, though less powerful than the Crystalline Entity or STF bosses.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Assimilate Ship
- Borg Shield Neutralizer
- Beam Array: Fire at Will I
- Beam Array: Overload I (used by Eight of Ten)
- Gravity Well III (used by Five of Ten)
- Scramble Sensors I (used by Seven of Ten)
- Subnucleonic Beam (used by Ten of Ten)
- Tractor Beam
- Torpedo: Spread III
- Torpedo: High Yield
- Tyken's Rift (used by Three of Ten)
- Feedback Pulse (used by Nine of Ten)
- Plasma Spinal Lance (used by One of Two and Two of Two)
Plasma Energy Bolt[edit | edit source]
Plasma Energy Bolts are a powerful incarnation of the Heavy Plasma Torpedo, launched by the Command Ships through their fore and aft hangars. They are capable of disintegrating most enemy ships with one hit, and ships that do survive are likely to be heavily crippled and vulnerable to further fire. Plasma Energy Bolts are destructible, but much more durable than ordinary Heavy Plasma Torpedoes.
Their powerful AoE detonation also damages Borg ships caught in the blast. This allows for effective suicide attacks against the Command Ship; at close range a detonation can reduce the Command Ship's health by a staggering percent.
|Level||Plasma Energy Bolt Health|
Health[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
- Borg Deep Space Incursions: Command Ships lead the final wave of Borg ships into battle. The mission ends when the Command Ship is destroyed.
- “Fluid Dynamics”: Two of these vessels take part in an attempted Borg invasion of Fluidic Space.
- “Hive Onslaught”: Two Command Ships arrive at the Unicomplex to defend the Borg Queen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each of the ten Command Ships has a corresponding accolade which will be rewarded for the destruction of that ship. Defeating all ten awards the "Nemesis of the Collective" accolade.
- While difficult to accomplish, it is possible to force the ship to hit itself with the plasma bolts it fires from either end, doing massive damage to the ship, sometimes destroying it instantly.
- The design, weaponry and even sound effects of the ship are an obvious allusion to V'Ger.
- Executive producer Daniel Stahl is an outspoken fan of V'Ger. Why the ship is there and what it represents is left to speculation at the moment. Two options on the subject have been suggested in the past:
- Gene Roddenberry once hinted at the possibility that V'ger's ship was constructed by the Borg. Hence Spock saw a virtual image of the Borg homeworld and melded with the hive mind. This idea was later revisited by William Shatner's novel The Return.
- The back story of the game Star Trek: Legacy speculated that V'ger was an integral part in the creation of the Borg Collective in his quest for knowledge through assimilation.
Images[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Borg weapons have a firing arc of 360°.