The U.S.S. Odyssey is an Odyssey-class Dreadnought launched in 2409 and the prototype of her class.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Odyssey Class”: The Odyssey undergoes a shakedown cruise at the Utopia Planitia Shipyards in Mars orbit.
- “The Bortas Class”: Later, the Odyssey - under the command of an unnamed Caitian - attacks the prototype Klingon Bortas-class Battle Cruiser in the Ganalda System. The attack is repelled by a small Klingon fleet, and the Odyssey escapes with minor damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All Odyssey-class Dreadnoughts are labeled U.S.S. Odyssey by default. The vessel's registry varies between NCC-97000 and NCC-1701-F; the latter is presumably a bug.
- The Odyssey may be named in honor of the Galaxy-class starship of the same name that was destroyed by the Dominion in 2370.
- As of Season 9: A New Accord and up until Delta Rising, the Odyssey could be seen in the Sol System orbiting Earth Spacedock; she has subsequently been replaced by the U.S.S. Redoubt.
- In issue #1 of the IDW Countdown comic showing events leading up to the Star Trek: Picard television series, Admiral Jean-Luc Picard is shown commanding an Odyssey-class vessel in 2385, the U.S.S. Verity, which has the same registry number as the U.S.S. Odyssey.