Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Crew[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Excelsior was commissioned in 2285 and was to be used as a testbed for Starfleet experiments into transwarp drive technology. She is dispatched to apprehend the U.S.S. Enterprise when she is stolen from Earth Spacedock, but is disabled due to sabotage by Enterprise Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.
- In 2293 the Excelsior, under the command of Captain Hikaru Sulu, is on a routine mission when she is struck by a shockwave resulting from the destruction of the Klingon moon Praxis. This event leads to the drafting of the Khitomer Accords. The Excelsior, along with the U.S.S. Enterprise-A, play a vital role in the success of the conference.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
See Federation Cruiser.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Excelsior appeared in the films Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. She also appeared in the Voyager episode "Flashback".
- All Excelsior-class starships bear the Excelsior's name and registry by default.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Using a tractor beam.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- U.S.S. Excelsior-D (successor)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- USS Excelsior at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Excelsior (NCC-2000) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.