U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-F)
The U.S.S. Enterprise-F is a Yorktown-class cruiser under the command of Captain Va'Kel Shon. She is the successor to the U.S.S. Enterprise-E, is the flagship of the Federation, and was launched in 2409.
History[edit | edit source]
- The Odyssey-class Development Project was based at the San Francisco Fleet Yards in Earth orbit.
- Captain Shon assumed command of the Odyssey-class Dreadnought Enterprise following the loss of his previous vessel, the U.S.S. Belfast. Commander Winters became his first officer and many crew members from the Belfast have also been reassigned to the Enterprise-F.
- Sometime in 2410, following the Iconian War, the Enterprise-F was refitted to the Yorktown configuration of the Odyssey-class. In this configuration, the Enterprise boasts a crew of 2,100 (though she qualifies for mission-ready status with only 900), and shipwide improvements, including a more versatile deflector array, more specialized field projector equipment, more sensitive sensors, bigger engines, defensive upgrades, and improved automation. Her new dedication plaque, provided by Admiral Riker, reads, "Fate: Protects fools, children, and ships named Enterprise."
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Captain Va'Kel Shon, Commanding Officer (Male Andorian)
- Commander Samuel Winters, Executive Officer (Male Human)
- Lieutenant Jirelle Kav, Chief Operations Officer (Female Betazoid)
- Lieutenant Commander Tem Inasi, Chief Science Officer (Female Bajoran)
- Commander Savel, Chief Medical Officer (Male Vulcan)
- Commander Philipa Matthias, Counselor (Female Human)
- Lieutenant Kyona, Chief of Security & Tactical Officer (Female Caitian)
- Lieutenant Commander Kirayoshi O'Brien, Chief Engineer (Male Human)
- Conn Officer (Male Bajoran)
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Boldly They Rode”: The Enterprise aids the combined Starfleet-KDF fleet in the battle to retake Deep Space 9 from the rogue Jem'Hadar. Afterward, Shon says that the Federation likely will send the Enterprise to the frontier.
- Romulan Republic-space system patrols (FED): The Enterprise sometimes assists Federation players during system patrol missions in Romulan Republic space.
- “Sphere of Influence”: The Enterprise assists the player in battle against an Elachi attack in the Jouret System.
- “A Step Between Stars”: The Enterprise under Captain Shon assists Romulan Republic and Klingon players in the Jenolan Dyson Sphere against the Undine. After the immediate threat is over, Captain Shon wants to claim the Jenolan Sphere for the Federation, provoking a verbal confrontation between the three powers.
- “Surface Tension”: The Enterprise-F assists in repelling a massive Undine invasion of the Sol and Qo'noS Systems.
- “Midnight”: The Enterprise-F participates in the final battle against the Iconians in Earth's orbit.
- “Scylla and Charybdis”: Having undergone a refit to the new Yorktown-class, the Enterprise joins Federation players in the defense of Bajor.
- “Beneath the Skin”: The Enterprise aids in the defense of Andoria.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 2)”: The ship appears as a simulacrum.
- “The Centre Cannot Hold”: The ship assists the player in the Seedea System and the Qu'Vat System.
- “Strike at Seedea”: The ship assists the player in the Seedea System.
- “The Khitomer Discord”: The ship comes to the player's aid at Khitomer.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “First Contact Day”: Under the pretense of a refit, the Enterprise tests new anti-Undine weaponry at Utopia Planitia.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Utopia Planitia: One Big Ship": The Enterprise undergoes a large-scale refit following the Iconian War. Lieutenant Commander O'Brien notes that he has made a number of nonstandard modifications to the vessel's systems, and cautions Utopia Planitia's Lieutenant Whetu and Ensign Elyos to consult him when they discover anything unexpected.
- "New Featured Episode: 'Beyond the Nexus'": The Enterprise has been moved to Earth Spacedock, where her refit is nearly complete.
- "Jayce's Navy Interstellar: Through the Valley": As the Enterprise is preparing for her shakedown cruise following her refit, Captain Shon grants an interview and tour to a journalist. Before the voyage can begin, Shon is notified that a distress call has been received from Deep Space 9 - the Hur'q are attacking. Shon declares that they will depart in fifteen minutes.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
The player commands the Enterprise-F for part of "First Contact Day". Her loadout is as follows:
Weapons/Equipment[edit | edit source]
|[Neutrino Deflector Array Mk XII [ShdS] [Em] [Ins] (Fused)]||[Combat Impulse Engines Mk XII [Aux] [Spd] [Turn] (Fused)]||[Covariant Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [Reg] (Fused)]|
|[Rechargable Auxiliary Battery]||[Rechargable Engine Battery]||[Rechargable Shields Battery]||[Rechargable Weapons Battery]|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Note that this does not include the player's own space skills.
- Auxiliary to Structural I
- Beam Array: Fire at Will I
- Emergency Power to Shields III
- Engineering Team I
- Feedback Pulse I
- Gravity Well I
- Hazard Emitters I
- Reverse Shield Polarity III
- Science Team II
- Tactical Team I
- Torpedo High Yield II
- Tractor Beam I
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Odyssey class was designed by Adam Ihle, winner of Cryptic Studios' Design the Next Enterprise contest.
- A plaque depicting the Enterprise-F can be seen inside starbases whose fleets have completed the special project "History and Movement".
- In what is presumably a bug, the Enterprise is sometimes mislabeled "U.S.S. Odyssey" in “Boldly They Rode”.
- Players can take control of the Enterprise-F in 2014's “First Contact Day” (making her the second Enterprise Federation players can take direct command of, the other being the Enterprise-C). However, the Enterprise model is still mislabeled "U.S.S. Odyssey NCC-1701-F".
- The Enterprise possesses an auxiliary craft, the U.S.S. Aquarius.
- The Enterprise's refit to a Yorktown-class was first hinted it at in the lore blog "One Big Ship." In subsequent blogs the ship was mentioned as being refitted and upgraded following the Iconian War. At the Star Trek Las Vegas convention in 2017, the Enterprise was shown using a fan-created MSD that featured the ship in the Yorktown-class configuration. The refitted Enterprise finally appeared in game during the mission “Scylla and Charybdis” released with the 8th Anniversary Event.
- Following the Victory is Life expansion, the Enterprise can be seen parked near Deep Space 9.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- I.K.S. Bortasqu' - The flagship of the Klingon Empire
- R.R.W. Lleiset - The flagship of the Romulan Republic