Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)
History[edit | edit source]
The Enterprise launched in 2364 under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard. During her maiden voyage the ship made first contact with the omnipotent Q. In 2365 Q officially introduced the Federation to the Borg collective and the Enterprise was subsequently involved in the events which led to the Battle of Wolf 359 in 2366.
During her voyages, the Enterprise made numerous additional first contacts, among them with the Devidians, the Ferengi and the Solanae. The ship also contributed to scientific and archeological discoveries, most notably perhaps the uncovering of an ancient Gateway on Iconia.
Alternate Timelines[edit | edit source]
- In an alternate timeline created by the disappearance of the U.S.S. Enterprise-C in 2344, the Enterprise-D was a Battleship built to fight a war against the Klingon Empire. The Enterprise-D negated this timeline by helping the Enterprise-C return to its own time. However, the Enterprise-C was stranded in the future instead, only returning to its own timeline after another adventure.
Former Crew (selection)[edit | edit source]
- Jean-Luc Picard - Commanding Officer
- William T. Riker - Executive Officer
- Deanna Troi - Counselor
- Data - Chief Operations Officer
- Worf - Chief of Security/Tactical Officer
- Natasha Yar - Chief of Security, died on duty
- Geordi La Forge - Helmsman/Chief Engineer
- Beverly Crusher - Chief Medical Officer
- Miles O'Brien - Helmsman/Transporter Chief
- Wesley Crusher - Helmsman
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A plaque depicting the Enterprise-D can be seen inside starbases whose fleets have completed the special project "History and Movement".
- While the Enterprise-D has yet to make any official appearances in-game, she appeared as an Easter egg in “State of Q”, seen through one of the hull breaches on the U.S.S. Saratoga. This is somewhat anachronistic however, as the Enterprise-D did not make it to Wolf 359 until after the battle was over.
- The alternate timeline version of the Enterprise-D, seen in the series finale "All Good Things...", appears in-game as the Galaxy Dreadnought Cruiser.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Enterprise for an overview of all ships to bear the name
- U.S.S. Enterprise-F for the current flagship of the Federation
- Natasha Yar
- “Temporal Ambassador”
[edit | edit source]
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.