U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701)
- For the Kelvin Timeline version, see U.S.S. Enterprise (Kelvin Timeline).
One of the most famous ships of her time, the Enterprise served Starfleet for more than forty years. The ship took part in numerous first contacts and military engagements and defended Earth and the entire Federation on several occasions. Her most notable voyage was her five year exploration mission from 2265 to 2270.
History[edit | edit source]
The Enterprise was commissioned in 2245, initally commanded by Captain Robert April. In 2254, the Enterprise - commanded by Captain Christopher Pike - traveled to Rigel, Vega, and Talos IV, among other worlds.
From 2265 to 2270 the ship was under the command of James T. Kirk. During this time the Enterprise set many records and made various discoveries. The ship's crew made the most first contacts any Federation starship had ever made - a record not broken until the U.S.S. Voyager became stranded in the Delta Quadrant more than 100 years later.
In 2273, the ship underwent an extensive refit. She saved Earth from the threat presented by V'Ger and stopped Khan Noonien Singh from seizing control of the Genesis Torpedo. In 2285 the Enterprise was destroyed over the planet Genesis, when Kirk activated the self-destruct to destroy a Klingon boarding party.
Numerous vessels followed in the footsteps of the Enterprise, all of them bearing the same name and registry.
Former Crew Members (Selection)[edit | edit source]
- Admiral James T. Kirk
- Admiral Leonard McCoy
- Captain Spock
- Captain Montgomery Scott
- Captain Hikaru Sulu
- Captain Pavel Chekov
- Commander Nyota Uhura
- Commander Janice Rand
- Ensign Mears
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Taurean Affair”: The player's starship assists the Enterprise in a battle against Klingons.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 2)”: A simulacrum of two different versions of the Enterprise (from the 2250s and 2260s), along with several other starships, battle against a renegade Excalbian simulacrum Borg Queen.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “Past Imperfect”: B'vat, aiming to change history, goes back in time to 2270 and tries to destroy the Enterprise.
Missions mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “The Core of the Matter”: One of Commander Chulak's personal logs has him mention how a Planet Killer like the one being offered by the Na'kuhl nearly destroyed the Enterprise.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All Constitution Class Cruisers (original and refit) bear the Enterprise's registry by default.
- As of the 2020 anniversary mission "Measure of Morality (Part 2)", there are now three versions of this vessel present in the game; the one from Star Trek: The Original Series, the Kelvin Timeline, as well as the version from Star Trek: Discovery. All three are present in the aforementioned mission.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
NCC-1701-D • NCC-1701-E • NCC-1701-F (Mirror) • NCC-1701-J