U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution Class)
This article is for the 23rd-century Constitution-class starship. For the lead ship of the 24th Century Defiant-class, see U.S.S. Defiant.
She was lost in an Interphasic rift while investigating Tholian activity at the edge of Federation space. The entire crew was killed while crossing the rift, which deposited the ship in the Mirror universe, some hundred years in the relative past.
Taken and analysed by the Tholians of that universe, the ship was eventually captured by the Terran Empire who used its advanced technology to defeat a rebellion and conquer much of their known galaxy. Over the years, they significantly refitted the ship as a Terran Warship.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Tangled Webs”: The U.S.S. Defiant assists the player in defending the Tholian Queen from a Na'kuhl attack. During the battle, the Defiant is caught in the blast when the Na'kuhl dreadnought is destroyed, causing her to become trapped in a spatial interphase.
- “Temporal Reckoning”: Admiral Leeta claims that the Defiant ending up in the 22nd-century Mirror Universe was not an accident, and that there was a message in the ship's databanks from The Envoy intended for her eyes only.
See also[edit | edit source]
- The Terran refit is playable as the Mirror Constitution Warship.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Defiant appeared in the Original Series episode "The Tholian Web" and in the Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly".
- A graphic of the Terran refit of the Defiant was seen in "Vaulting Ambition" and was referenced in later episodes.
[edit | edit source]
- USS Defiant (NCC-1764) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Defiant (NCC-1764) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.