This page is for the lead ship of the Defiant-class. For the 23rd-century Constitution-class starship, see U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution Class).
The U.S.S. Defiant (formerly U.S.S. Sao Paulo) is a Defiant-class escort and the successor to the prototype that was originally launched in 2370 under the command of Commander Benjamin Sisko, then-commanding officer of Deep Space 9. The prototype fought in the Dominion War and was eventually destroyed at the Second Battle of Chin'toka, after which the U.S.S. Sao Paulo was renamed and redeployed at DS9 shortly after its construction in 2375 in honor of the Defiant.
History[edit | edit source]
- Following the destruction of the original U.S.S. Defiant in 2375, the U.S.S. Sao Paulo (NCC-75633) is launched from Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards and renamed U.S.S. Defiant. It participates in the Battle of Cardassia, the final battle of the war.
- 2403: James Kurland is assigned to DS9, and takes command of the Defiant as well.
- By 2409 the Defiant is still in service, and still assigned to DS9.
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Captain Benjamin Sisko - (2371-2375)
- Captain James Kurland (2403- )
- First Officer Kira Nerys - (2371-2375)
- General Worf (2372-2375)
- Lt. Commander Julian Bashir - (2371-2375)
- Commander Nog - (2374-2375)
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: The Defiant is part of a Starfleet task force that responds to a Borg invasion of the Vega System.
- “Spoils of War”: The Defiant, under the command of Commander Sarish Minna, helps the player defeat True Way Alliance forces in the Badlands System.
- “Jabberwocky”: The Defiant, again captained by Commander Sarish, comes to the player's aid when they are ambushed by True Way ships in orbit of Bajor.
- “Second Wave”: The Defiant helps evacuate DS9 during a rogue Jem'Hadar attack.
- “Boldly They Rode”: The Defiant leads the combined Starfleet-KDF fleet into the battle to retake DS9 from Kar'ukan's forces.
- “Midnight”: The Defiant takes part in the defense of Earth when the Iconians attack the Sol System. She assists the player in protecting the shipyards until the docked ships can disembark.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Season 5 Dev Blog #30": In a personal log, Captain Kurland mourns the death of Karen Andrews and prepares to lead the Defiant on its mission to retake Deep Space 9, with the cooperation of the Female Changeling.
- "Utopia Planitia Report 3": The Defiant is docked at Utopia Planitia to repair the extensive damage inflicted in “Midnight”. The vessel is further damaged in an explosion during the repairs, as well as a high-risk attempt to rescue a lost crewman.
- "Back Channels": Lukari Administrator Kuumaarke has been granted temporary command of the Defiant and sent on a diplomatic mission to the Na'kuhl System to offer to help the Na'kuhl re-ignite their star. The Na'kuhl refuse her offer, and she retreats from the system in accordance to their demands; however, she then has her crew re-enter the system under cloak to scan the star. Unfortunately, the scans determine that the fusion within the star has been permanently disrupted, and cannot be restored without Kal Dano or the Tox Uthat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before "The 2800", the Defiant in the Minos Korva System had the registry NCC-75633-C.
- As of Season Eleven: New Dawn, the Defiant can now use tractor beams to ensnare enemy vessels during combat. She was also given a visual update to more closely resemble her on-screen appearance.
[edit | edit source]
- USS Defiant (2375) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Defiant (NX-74205) (II) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.