Typhoon Class Battleship
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Emergency Power to Shields I
- Engineering Team II
- Torpedo: High Yield II
- Torpedo: Spread II
- Tractor Beam II
- Tractor Beam Repulsors II
Hull strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Vessels of the class[edit | edit source]
U.S.S. Typhoon (default)
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
Named[edit | edit source]
- “War Games”: The U.S.S. Athens has been hijacked by Undine infiltrators, and sabotages a war games exercise in the Draylon System. A Starfleet task force, including the U.S.S. Templar, fights them off.
- “Report to Gamma Orionis”: The U.S.S. Hendrickson and U.S.S. Samoa are part of Battle Group Omega.
- “Fluid Dynamics”: The U.S.S. Phinda and U.S.S. Stardancer are part of a joint expedition into Fluidic Space to halt a Borg invasion. Several other unnamed Typhoon-class ships are part of the fleet securing the Kuda System.
Unnamed[edit | edit source]
- “Officer of the Watch (Daily)” (FED): One possible assignment is to escort a battleship (possibly a Typhoon) carrying a Starfleet dignitary to the starbase.
- “First Contact Day”: Several Typhoon-class ships arrive to provide reinforcements for the U.S.S. Enterprise-F when she is attacked by Undine forces during a weapons test.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of the release of Season 10.5, all occurrences of the Typhoon (except the U.S.S. Stardancer that appears in Fluidic Space, along with several in Battle Group Omega) have been replaced by Federation Battlecruisers.
- Although not explicitly stated, the Typhoon class' hull bears some resemblance to the long hull and wide conning tower of the largest class of submarines, the Soviet Typhoon Family, also known as the Akula (Russian for shark) family of submarines within Russia (not to be confused with the NATO named Akula attack submarine). These submarines are well known for there large compliment of nuclear weaponry in response to the US Ohio Class, and comparably large recreation and living quarters for her crew. Only one remains in reserve, and is currently waiting to be broken up and scrapped.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Other Federation battleships:
- Terran Typhoon-class Battleship (mirror counterpart)
- Federation Battlecruiser