History[edit | edit source]
From 2371 to 2378 Lieutenant Commander Tuvok serving as Chief Tactical Officer, is lost in the Delta Quadrant with the U.S.S. Voyager under the command of Captain Kathryn Janeway. During these seven years, Tuvok encountered numerous species, including the Borg, the Voth, and the Undine.
By 2401, Tuvok has retired from Starfleet, and attempts to convince the Federation Council to reconsider its position on the Klingon-Gorn War in the light of new evidence supporting the presence of Undine infiltrators in the Alpha Quadrant.
By 2409, Tuvok has returned to Starfleet and since been promoted to Rear Admiral. In the same year he commands Voyager.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Fluid Dynamics”: As commanding officer of the U.S.S. Voyager, Rear Admiral Tuvok leads a task force entering fluidic space in order to thwart the Borg's attempt to assimilate the Undine and their realm.
- “A Step Between Stars”: Starfleet sent Admiral Tuvok and Dr. Eric Cooper on a special mission to a Solanae station closely orbiting the central star of the Solanae Dyson Sphere. When communications break down, the player is tasked to assist Tuvok in disabling the sphere's capability to jump to another position within the galaxy as this would release disastrous amounts of Omega molecules. Before "Dr. Cooper" reveals himself to be an Undine infiltrator, he tricks the player and Tuvok into re-activating an Iconian gateway leading from the Solanae to the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, which had by then moved to the Delta Quadrant.
- “Surface Tension”: Tuvok asks the player to assist in the organization of a conference of major Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers on the future of the Jenolan Dyson Sphere. The talks are cut short, when the Undine attack the Sol System. After Tuvok exploits an attempt of telepathic espionage by "Dr. Cooper" to his own advantage, he and the U.S.S. Voyager assist the player in defending the actual main target of the surprise attack: Qo'noS. Joint Klingon-Federation-Romulan forces prevail and Tuvok takes part in the subsequent negotiation of a cease-fire between the Klingon Empire and the Federation in the Great Hall of the High Council.
- “Undine Infiltration”: Tuvok briefs the player on the situation in Hathon on Bajor, where the presence of an Undine infiltrator is suspected.
- “Undine Assault”: Tuvok briefs the player on the situation around one of the worlds threatened by an Undine Planet Killer.
- “Mindscape”: In order to track down "Dr. Cooper" who continues to mentally assault him, Tuvok personally assigns the U.S.S. Voyager to the Delta Alliance-fleet operating in the Delta Quadrant. Despite "Cooper's" attempts to kill Tuvok within his subconscious "mindscape", he and the player can track him down for a final confrontation within a part of fluidic space accessed via the Syllerran System. After "Cooper" is defeated, his self-aware bioship plans to "re-purpose" him.
- “Reunion”: Tuvok joins the player in the Entaba System to help the Talaxians prepare to travel to a new homeworld, and is reunited with his former crewmate Neelix in the process.
- “Revelations”: Tuvok arrives at the Turei homewold after the player repels a Vaadwaur invasion force. He is surprised to learn that the Vaadwaur have become such a prominent force in the region since Voyager first encountered them.
- “All That Glitters”: Commanding Voyager, Tuvok assists the player against the Vaadwaur in the Entaba System and subsequently comments on Gaul's treachery.
- “The Dragon's Deceit”: Tuvok guides the player as they infiltrate a Vaadwaur stronghold in the Kartella System.
- “Alliances”: Tuvok calls a conference onboard Voyager to discuss the formation of a coalition of Delta Quadrant species to counter the threat of the Vaadwaur.
- “Takedown”: Tuvok provides tactical advice during the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld. After the battle, the player speaks with Tuvok on the planet about the series of events that led to the Vaadwaur's resurgence and defeat.
- “What's Left Behind”: Tuvok invites the player aboard Voyager in order to conduct further analyses on a strange device recovered from Vaadwaur Prime. After it turns out to be communicating with a location within subspace in the Nal Shadaan System, Tuvok orders the player and The Doctor to investigate.
- “Midnight”: Tuvok attends the Iconian Resistance briefing aboard the Kyana Research Station in advance of the last battle of the Iconian War.
Mission mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “Dust to Dust”: According to Captain Harry Kim, Tuvok and the Voyager are on a classified mission in Vaadwaur-controlled space formerly occupied by the Krenim.
Images[edit | edit source]
Tuvok as he appeared in “Fluid Dynamics”, prior to Season 9.5
Commanding U.S.S. Voyager.
Tuvok in his 2370's uniform, as seen in “Mindscape”.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tuvok was added to Star Trek Online with the mission “A Step Between Stars” as part of the game's 4 Year Anniversary Event on January 30, 2014. He is voiced by actor Tim Russ, the same actor who played him in Star Trek: Voyager.
- With 14 missions featuring the character, but only 13 including unique voiceovers by Tim Russ, Tuvok is the second most featured canon character (after Daniels) voiced by his\her original actor in Star Trek Online.
- In the mission "Fluid Dynamics" before Season 9.5, Tuvok was seen wearing the command variant of the uniform he wore when serving on Voyager during her time in the Delta Quadrant in the 2370's instead of the more modern Starfleet veteran uniform he wears from "A Step Between Stars" and onward. His appearance changed upon release of Season 9.5 when most, if not all Starfleet NPCs were converted to wearing Odyssey attire. He can be seen wearing the Operations variant of the 2371-era uniform during the mind meld in the mission “Mindscape”.