Transwarp Beaming Device
[Transwarp Beaming Device] is an consumable ship device that provides a preset transwarp destination to a ground map. They can be obtained by opening a Kelvin Divergence Lock Box, and may be stacked up to 20. They are not bound, and may be freely mailed, sold, or traded to other captains.
It cannot be equipped in a device slot (ground or space); rather, it is activated from inventory via the Transwarp menu - either in space or on a ground map (including fleet holdings). Activating the device will initiate a transfer directly to the corresponding ground map the device is named for. The device shares the same cooldown with other destinations in the Transwarp menu.
Variations[edit | edit source]
The following variations of this device are available, by <Destination>:
- Deep Space 9
- Jenolan Dyson Sphere
- Kobali Prime
- New Romulus
- Nimbus III
- Nukara Prime
Notes[edit | edit source]
Although not stated in the device description, these items are consumed on use. The Transwarp menu will display the number of each item currently in the captain's inventory.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Bajor" displays in the Transwarp menu as "Bajor: Hathon".
- "Deep Space 9" displays in the Transwarp menu as "Deep Space Nine".
- "Defera" transwarps to the "visitor center" on Defera, not the "Defera Invasion Zone".
- "Drozana" displays in the Transwarp menu as "Drozana Station".
- The icon is shown as the captain's homeworld, with their faction's symbol overlaid. The Transwarp menu displays this as "Earth Spacedock", regardless of faction or alignment. This will actually transwarp to the transporter pad on Earth Spacedock for Starfleet-aligned captains, but is incorrectly labeled for KDF-aligned captains and will instead transwarp to the transporter pad at First City.
- The "Jenolan Dyson Sphere" device is named incorrectly; it displays in the Transwarp menu as, and actually transwarps to, the "Dyson Sphere Battlezone" ground map located in the Solanae Dyson Sphere.
- The icon shows New Romulus; for Romulan Republic captains, this is also overlaid with the Romulan Republic symbol. The actual transwarp destination is the "adventure zone" ground map on New Romulus.
- The transwarp destination for "Nimbus III" is the Nimbus III ground map, just inside the gates of Paradise near Horace Jones.