Trait: Point Defense Protocols
Point Defense Protocols is an in-game Starship Trait.
This trait gives bonuses in Space if slotted into an Active Starship Trait slot.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Game Description: Point Defense Protocols channel power from energy weapon enhancements to activate an automated defense turret on your ship. The turret fires at nearby enemies while an energy weapon enhancement is active, dealing proton damage to the nearest target every half second. Automated defense turrets have highly sophisticated targeting systems, and never miss.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- The following effects qualify as Energy Weapon Enhancements:
- Beam Array: Fire at Will
- Beam Array: Overload
- Cannon: Rapid Fire
- Cannon: Scatter Volley
- Reroute Reserves to Weapons
- Energy Weapons: Surgical Strikes
- Applies Point Defense Protocols
- Deals Proton Damage to the nearest enemy every half second for 10 seconds (20 volleys)
- +100% Damage to Small Craft, Torpedoes, and Mines
- Skills that affect this ability:
- (Reduces Damage Penalty from Distance)
- (Improves All Weapon Damage)
- (Improves Energy Weapon Damage)
This trait is available from:[edit | edit source]
- (Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This Starship Trait is obtainable as a bonus when opening a Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack or purchased directly from the Exchange, the Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack can be obtained from the C-store or the Exchange.
- Energy Weapons: Exceed Rated Limits and Subsystem Targeting currently do not proc this trait.