Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Trait: Heavy Tachyon Mine
Heavy Tachyon Mine is an in-game Starship Trait.
This trait gives bonuses in Space if slotted into an Active Starship Trait slot.
Basic information[edit | edit source]
- While this trait is slotted, activating Beam: Overload, Beam: Fire at Will, Cannon: Rapid Fire, Cannon: Scatter Volley or any Subsystem Targeting ability will cause your starship to deploy a Heavy Tachyon Mine behind your ship. This large mine is easier for your enemies to see than smaller mines, but it has a larger tracking distance and a larger area of effect. Upon impact, this mine will cause high kinetic damage(with 100% shield penetration) in a 3km area and will leave behind a Tachyon Particle Hazard that will heavily damage shields to any foe that remains within it. Unlike normal mine explosions, the Heavy Tachyon Mine's explosion will not harm the starship that deploys it. Additionally, if the Mine is destroyed by an enemy, it will still explode causing damage as normal.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Enhances specific powers
- Directed Energy Weapon Modes deploy 1 level 61 Heavy Tachyon Mine at your location:
- X,XXX.X Kinetic Damage
- Increases damage to shields from all energy types by 10% for 10 sec
- -X,XXX.X All Shields
- Creates a Tachyon Particle Cloud (with 2km radius) upon death:
- -XXX.X All Shields every 0.5 Sec
- * Can occur once every 30 seconds
- Only occurs in certain circumstances.
- Skills that affect this ability
- Starship Drain Expertise
- (Improves Energy and Shield Drains/Resistance to Same)
- Starship Weapons Training
- (Improves All Weapon Damage)
- Starship Projectile Weapon Training
- (Improves All Kinetic Weapon Damage)