From Star Trek Online Wiki
The Tox Uthat, also known as the Quantum Phase Inhibitor, is device invented by Kal Dano. The device is extremely powerful, and is capable of re-igniting a dying star or extinguishing a healthy one.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Vorgon Conclusions”: The player attempts to stop time-traveling Vorgon operatives from stealing the Tox Uthat at several points in the space-time continuum.
- “Sunrise”: With the assistance of the player, Kal Dano uses the Tox Uthat to re-ignite the star in the Lukari System. Following this, Tholians attack and steal the Tox Uthat.
- “Stormbound”: The Tholians use the Tox Uthat to damage the star in the Na'kuhl System. Kal Dano and the player are then able to retrieve the device, and travel to the 22nd Century to bury it on Risa.
- “Ragnarok”: During the Battle of Procyon V, the player, along with Pavel Chekov and Montgomery Scott, is able to install the Tox Uthat aboard the Enterprise-J, allowing the vessel to destroy the Sphere Builders' Command Sphere and thwart the plans of the Temporal Liberation Front.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "A Single Step": In this Post War Era entry, Dano speaks with Triphox, a Denobulan colleague. They have been running simulations on the Tox Uthat, and are now ready to test the quantum phase inhibitor on a dying star in the Alpha Quadrant. Dano is attacked by Vorgons, who steal the Tox Uthat. However, the Vorgons are stopped by a stranger introducing himself as Daniels. This story is presumed to take place during the events of “Vorgon Conclusions”.
- "Stormbound": Dano speculates about why the Tholians have stolen the Tox Uthat, and why they lured him to the year 2410. He vows that, if he retrieves the quantum phase inhibitor, that he will find some place, or some time, to hide the device. Based on premonitions he has been having, and his interactions with Daniels, he fears he is nearing the end of his life.