The Tox Uthat, also known as the Quantum Phase Inhibitor, is device invented by Kal Dano. The device is extremely powerful, and is capable of re-igniting a dying star or extinguishing a healthy one.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
|Event||Mission||Century||Objective Timeline||Kal Dano's Timeline||Tox Utat's Timeline||Boratus' Timeline||Player's Timeline|
|Kal Dano dies "hundreds" of years in the past||X||Unknown||1||6||X||X||X|
|Kal Dano hides the Tox Utat on Risa||“Stormbound”||22nd Century||2||4||4||X||7|
|Kal Dano's ship is picked up by the Enterprise (NX-01), then attacked by Tholians and Vorgons||“Vorgon Conclusions”||22nd Century||3||7||X||2||3|
|Vorgons attempt to secure the Tox Utat on Risa, are foiled by Jean-Luc Picard and it is taken to Earth||X||24th Century||4||X||5||3||X|
|During Breen invasion of Earth, Vorgons attempt to steal the Tox Utat and fail. It is taken by Daniels||Vorgon Conclusions||24th Century||5||X||6||4||5|
|Kal Dano arrives to help the Lukari Homeworld with the Tox Utat, but it is then stolen by the Tholians||Vorgon Conclusions||25th Century||6||2||2||X||2|
|Tholians use the Tox Utat to destroy the Na'kuhl sun, then it is stolen back by Kal Dano||“Sunrise”||25th Century||7||3||3||X||6|
|Kal Dano returns to Na'kuhl, is attacked by Tholians and falls through time||Stormbound||25th Century||8||5||X||X||8|
|Kal Dano is beamed up by Captain Walker, dead.||Stormbound||25th Century||9||8||X||X||4|
|Tox Utat is used at Procyon V||“Ragnarok”||26th Century||10||X||7||X||9|
|Kal Dano escapes the 27th century with the Tox Utat||Vorgon Conclusions||27th Century||11||1||1||1||1|
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Vorgon Conclusions”: The player attempts to stop time-traveling Vorgon operatives from stealing the Tox Uthat at several points in the space-time continuum.
- “Sunrise”: With the assistance of the player, Kal Dano uses the Tox Uthat to re-ignite the star in the Lukari System. Following this, Tholians attack and steal the Tox Uthat.
- “Stormbound”: The Tholians use the Tox Uthat to damage the star in the Na'kuhl System. Kal Dano and the player are then able to retrieve the device, and travel to the 22nd Century to bury it on Risa.
- “Ragnarok”: During the Battle of Procyon V, the player, along with Pavel Chekov and Montgomery Scott, is able to install the Tox Uthat aboard the Enterprise-J, allowing the vessel to destroy the Sphere Builders' Command Sphere and thwart the plans of the Temporal Liberation Front.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 1)”: The Tox Uthat is referenced within a simulacrum as having been used to reignite the Na'Kuhl star and potentially to destroy the stars of every Alliance member's homeworld.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "A Single Step": In this Post War Era entry, Dano speaks with Triphox, a Denobulan colleague. They have been running simulations on the Tox Uthat, and are now ready to test the quantum phase inhibitor on a dying star in the Alpha Quadrant. Dano is attacked by Vorgons, who steal the Tox Uthat. However, the Vorgons are stopped by a stranger introducing himself as Daniels. This story is presumed to take place during the events of “Vorgon Conclusions”.
- "Stormbound": Dano speculates about why the Tholians have stolen the Tox Uthat, and why they lured him to the year 2410. He vows that, if he retrieves the quantum phase inhibitor, that he will find some place, or some time, to hide the device. Based on premonitions he has been having, and his interactions with Daniels, he fears he is nearing the end of his life.