Members of The Cooperative meeting with Seven of Nine
History[edit | edit source]
The Cooperative is a union of different groups of liberated Borg.
It includes the rogue Borg around the former drone Hugh, who regained his individuality in 2368, the original "Cooperative" from the Nekrit Expanse, which was severed from the Collective that same year, as well as the Borg resistance movement called Unimatrix Zero, which began open opposition in 2376.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Borg Disconnected”: In 2410, Seven of Nine speaks for the Cooperative and instructs a small taskforce of Federation, Klingon, and New Romulan ships infiltrating a Borg Unicomplex in the Delta Quadrant. After one incarnation of the Borg Queen had been defeated in the Hive, many drones became separated from the Collective and can now join the Cooperative if a specific virus is uploaded to their ships.
- “Jarleth System Patrol”: Players encounter Hugh in the Jarleth System and help him liberate the crews of several Borg vessels in the system from the Collective.
- “Ocampan Freighter Patrol”: The Cooperative assists in defense of an Ocampan convoy led by Kela against alien scavengers.
- “Parein System Patrol”: The player tries to mediate between a representative of the Cooperative, whose ship is attempting to liberate drones from a damaged Borg Cube in the Parein System, and an Octanti Captain, determined to destroy all Borg, regardless of their affiliation.
- “Brothra System Patrol”: Players assist Logan Kurtis in the Brothra System where his ship as well as several Cooperative and Octanti vessels commanded by Xar have been attacked by the Vaadwaur.
- “Alliances”: Seven of Nine and the player try to convince the Octanti to join the Delta Alliance to defend against the Vaadwaur threat. However, as the Cooperative is part of the Alliance, the Octanti deny any support. Although a subsequent incident shows to the Octanti that former members of their own species are now part of the Cooperative, they still cannot bring themselves to cooperate, despite Ambassador Rerrick's growing sympathy for the Alliance and the Cooperative in particular.
- “Farn System Patrol”: His vessels disabled by solar flares in the Farn System, Cooperative captain James Hunt asks the player for assistance in defense against a Vaadwaur attack.
- “Ram Izad System Patrol”: The Cooperative Regeneration Probe Wayfarer sends out a distress signal when the vessel comes under attack by the Vaadwaur.
- “Zahl System Patrol”: Player helps evacuate survivors from the Cooperative colony after a Vaadwaur invasion.
- “Takedown”: Commanded by Seven of Nine, Cooperative vessels participate in the Delta Alliance-attack on Vaadwaur Prime. While their numbers are few, their particular strength is the ability to confuse enemy targets and cause them to attack each other.
Future Proof[edit | edit source]
- “Time and Tide”: In 2769, the Cooperative sends a representative to take part in the signing of the Temporal Accords. The representative states that while the Borg have a checkered past with time travel, particularly concerning the Federation, the Cooperative have made amends for this and supports the accords.
Military[edit | edit source]
The Cooperative maintains a distinct technological advantage over other groups in the region, but remain inexperienced fighters. Given time and direction, however, they could be molded into a weapon.
Starships/Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Cooperative exclusively consists of liberated Borg, not all freed drones are part of the Cooperative. Some lead independent lives, while many others serve the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Cooperative at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Borg Cooperative at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Unimatrix Zero at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Unimatrix Zero at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
|Details||The Cooperative • Liberated Borg|
|Starships||Probe • Regeneration Probe • Sphere • Cube • Tactical Cube • Type 03|
|NPCs||Connor • Cooperative Colonial Governor • Cooperative Observer • Cooperative Representative • Ferrah • Hugh • James Hunt • Linea • Logan Kurtis • Meshk • M'gwal|
|NPC starships||Cooperative Flagship • Wayfarer|
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|
α — |
Location of homeworld unknown or somewhere outside the Prime universe Milky Way galaxy