The Adventures of Captain Proton
"The Adventures of Captain Proton", often shorted to simply 'Captain Proton' after the title character, is a series of holodeck programs done in the style of 1930's and 1940's black-and-white 'pulp' science-fiction stories from Earth. Designed by Tom Paris during the U.S.S. Voyager's original journey through the Delta Quadrant, 'Captain Proton' continues to be popular with Starfleet officers even to present times.
Other Involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Na'kuhl": It is revealed that Lieutenant Kyona, the Enterprise's Chief of Security, has been running Captain Proton holonovels, supplied by now-Captain Tom Paris. Also mentioned is that Captain Shon has also been through Captain Proton adventures on the holodeck
- The Federation Duty Officer Daprirn's flavor text mentions running a Captain Proton program.
Missions Formerly Involved[edit | edit source]
- “War Games”: The player's away team escorts Ensign Longworth of the U.S.S. Athens, appearantly the only member of the ship's complement not replaced by an Undine, to his quarters to retrieve his set of Captain Proton holonovels.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whether Paris created "The Adventures of Captain Proton" or simply translated them to a holodeck is uncertain. While most dialogue and references throughout "Voyager" and Star Trek Online seem to imply that Paris created and still writes the holo-programs, the Captain Proton adventure "The Bride of Chaotica" is referenced in an episode of "Enterprise" implying that "Captain Proton" existed before Paris created the holo-programs.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- The Adventures of Captain Proton at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- The Adventures of Captain Proton at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.