Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This is intended strictly as a navigation aide, to tie articles together and make faction-oriented content more cohesive. It is NOT designed to be a list or catalogue of eveything that could possibly be related to 'faction X'. It is neither a reference, or resource in its own right. Its not meant to convey large amounts of information, just to link articles together. I want to nip any possible problems in the bud straight away.
- Avoid red links. A nav is for navigating between existing pages.
- No exhaustive lists of EVERY NPC in the faction. Just the highlights will do.
- No rank pips, links to missions, or other content that isn't simple navigation.
Not trying to be overly authoritative or douchy, but just want to keep these small and clean. --Zutty 13:20, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
Hiding Page Names[edit source]
Is there a way to make this template hide page names to "pretty" up the links?
Adding Federation and Klingon Faction templates[edit source]
Should the Federation and Klingon templates be added to this nav page or is it just npc factions? --PhantBat 01:01, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
NPC category name[edit source]
We should try to agree on how to name categories for species NPCs (ground). Some categories are named by specie's name in plural: Category:Humans, while others have NPC suffix after species name: Category:Breen NPCs. Both are used for the same thing. --Damixon (talk) 17:20, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Well the main problem is that some species don't have the plural version. I saw Lukaris and Kentaris categories, which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't really exist - plural of Lukari is Lukari. I suggest renaming all of them to Alien NPC (e.g. Human NPCs, Lukari NPCs...) --PiralDorrm (talk) 16:30, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Winter Wonderland[edit source]
We have quite a few NPCs in the Winter Wonderland, most of which currently use the white Q-faction header sans faction logos. Could/should we have a Winter Wonderland (or Q's Snow Monster) faction? We could use the in-game Snow Monster faction logo. It could be a great way to navigate swiftly between QWW-related articles and get an overview over the NPC combat mooks. I'd suggest to keep the white faction color, because they're Junior's people and it matches the wintry theme. Kind regards, Markonian (talk) 16:29, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- I quickly checked Airborne Snow Monstrosity and Assimilated Snowman, and I agree - these pages could use their own faction logo and factionnav table at the bottom. --Damixon (talk) 15:10, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
I've created a quick-and-dirty template, so that we can expand it over time. I sort combat NPCs by type first and strength second, e.g. the Kramp'Ihri guys together, then Snowmen, then Snorg. Kind regards, Markonian (talk) 08:09, 2 November 2018 (UTC)