Impulse engine modifiers[edit source]
Some Impulse Engines may have additional modifiers that either increase existing bonuses or add new ones. engines will have one modifier, will have two, three, and four. All Engines have [SecSpd-2] as their default fifth modifier, though this can be re-engineered into a different modifier. Below are examples of Impulse Engine modifiers. Some Engines and modifiers boost Skills by a certain amount, based on Mark level. Refer to the table above for these values.
|[Aux]||Thrusters: 25% speed when engines are disabled.|
|[Spd]||+10% Flight Speed.[mods 1]|
|[Turn]||+0.3 to Flight Turn Rate[mods 2]|
|[Full]||+7.33̄ + 0.766̄×Mk to Full Impulse Flight Speed.[mods 3]|
Available on Engines crafted from the R&D Engineering School.
Crafted mods cannot be rerolled via re-engineering.
|[Damp]||+33 Starship Drain Expertise [mods 4]|
|[Inertia]||+10 Inertia Rating|
|Special Engines only (Fleet, Reputation)|
|[+CRes]||10% resistance to Control Effects|
|+3.8 Weapon Power Setting|
+3.8 Shield Power Setting
+3.8 Auxiliary Power Setting
|+20% Flight Speed when environmental hazards prevent use of Full Impulse.|
|+X Sector Space Travel Speed|
|+__% Shield Resistance (based on Throttle)|
|[SedSpd-2]||+X×2 Starship Impulse Expertise|
+X×2 Sector Space Travel Speed
This is the default Epic modifier for Impulse Engines.
The other must be obtained by re-engineering your Engine.
|[Turn/Spd]||+10% Flight Speed|
+10% Turn Rate
|Mark level of item||X =|
- Can appear twice on one engine, though Fleet Engines and some special engines have 3 or more innate or added [Spd] mods, and engines can be re-engineered to have more. After calculating the base speed for the Engine's Mark level, the game will add 10% for one [Spd] modifier, 20% for [Spd]x2, and so forth. Thus, final speed for standard Impulse Engines will be (7.5+0.375*Mk) + N*0.1*(7.5+0.375*Mk), where N is the number of [Spd] modifiers. This formula works up to Mk XII; Mk XIII items are treated as if they were Mk XVI (16), while Mk XIV items as if they were Mk XXIII (23); for Combat and Hyper-Impulse engines, respectively adding or subtracting 1 Mk level from the final formula will give you a close approximation.
- Engines have a base 4.5 Turn rate; one [Turn] modifier will give them 4.8, and two 5.1, regardless of Mk level. Can appear twice on one engine, though Fleet Engines and some special engines have 3 or more innate or added [Turn] mods, and engines can be re-engineered to have more.
- Can appear up to 4 times on one Engine. As with [Spd], Mk XIII acts like Mk XVI and Mk XIV like Mk XXIII, so Mk XIII [Full] adds 19.5, Mk XIV adds 24.8. The number displayed rounds to the nearest tenth. For example, [Impulse Engines Mk IV [Full]] would receive a bonus of 10.4.
- Does not scale with Mk level. Previously Starship Inertial Dampers.
- Integrated into Efficient Impulse Engines, and can be found on .
- Integrated into Dynamic Reroute Impulse Engines, and can be found on .
- Found on:
- Can be found on . This modifier gives 0.15% Shield Hardness per 1% of Throttle up to a maximum of 15% Shield Hardness at full throttle.
AnModifiers/Impulse Engine will have one modifier suffix, will have two, and will have three. and can have multiples of the same suffix, and stacked suffixes are added together, not multiplied.