Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Tuffli Class Freighter
The current Notes section is false. Someone, who obviously wants to remain anomynous, is messing with it. The first "Call Tuffli" channel was not founded in July, it was founded in September. The first "Call Tuffli" channel ceased to be on December 22nd, when a user got control of the channel due to a technical mishap. It was then destroyed, only to be recreated twice within 36 hours. So the current claims are definetely wrong. You may contact me for questions or further details. Pmarquardt 16:45, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, putting on my regular editor hat, my opinion on the situation is this: briefly noting the purpose and existence of the Public Service and other similar channels is acceptable on this page, Vov'wI Personal Comm Code, Azura Personal Comm Code, Ferengi D'Kora Marauder, and any others I missed. Link back to Global Channel Directory for any more specific information like how to join channels, but leave the history of the channels out of the descriptions there too. If you really want to include the history, then register (if you haven't already) and put it on your userpage.
- Now for the admin hat.
- Since I'm rather unfamiliar with the situation, I will simply remove the notes for now.
- All sides are, for now, free to make edits to add the note I've suggested above to relevant pages.
- Be fair warned that the admin team is likely to consider adding any information about the history of these channels (excepting on the talk pages) to be further edit warring, given the history, and will take appropriate action.
- If we get a consensus that including the history is acceptable, this will change, but until then, if you disagree with the suggested compromise, please discuss it here. — Eyes 10:42, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Since there's been a lack of comment, I've joined both Call Tuffli and Public Service and I see both are active and fulfilling their purpose. Thus, I've added notes about these and the Call D'Kora channel, but the apostrophe has confounded my attempts to join that channel over Pidgin, so I'm not sure how active it is. — Eyes 10:52, 20 January 2013 (UTC)