Talk:Mission: Crystalline Catastrophe
Currently working on. Please don't edit for a bit. Thanks. --Pavillion 04:52, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- All done. --Pavillion 05:45, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
This mission requires a large bandwidth to play. --Koppadasao 21:24, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- I pity anyone who considers 512 kbps (64 KBps) to be a lot of bandwidth. :( --18.104.22.168 17:53, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
- Some people still has usage restrictions on their connections. Unfortunately, I'm one of those, and although I find that most of the game works acceptable on 128kbps, some parts of the game requires a lot higher bandwidth, including this mission and, unfortunately, The Sol System. --Koppadasao 17:59, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
Had heard that the shards were no longer available, as of 09/09/13... Anyone know if this is true? Thank you for your time... CMills (Steval@crm14916)
- The shards were only available when the event was active. No word on when it will be active again. Asanad (talk) 11:34, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! Will look forward to the event reopening... CM
Cataclysm, Catastrophe, etc...[edit source]
Each time this even comes up they change it a little. But the article really doesn't represent the changes to the event. Perhaps each time the event comes up there should be a section dedicated specifically to those changes. But should the article just be changed in name to a more generic Crystalline Entity Event. The current article is called Crystalline Catastrophe, but that's not what the mission is currently called Cataclysm and the Catastrophe moniker is gone. It's possible that the next time the event comes up it will have a different title (perhaps Crystalline Cacophony). Shouldn't the article reflect these changes? — Rayfire 13:30, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- I've watched this page since the current special event started. Having never played this mission I had no expertise to add, but I did note the name change and created two redirects from Crystalline Cataclysm and “Crystalline Cataclysm” to this page so that people could find it, as well as updating the [Crystal Shard] page.
- The reason I didn't move this page was that given that Cryptic like to change the name, I wasn't sure if "Cataclysm" was just for the special event, or if it was permanent. It may go back to being the "Crystalline Catastrophe" for regular play, once the special event is over. If the new name continues on, I was going to move the page if no-one else had, but the information on how to play the mission is essentially the same (now that i'm playing it, it seems that way) and the main thing is that people can find the information.
- It is fundamentally the same on the whole. Three tiered battle, Cataclysm added Mirror Ships to the mix and each tier the Entity throws a different stage hazard at you, the static, the gravity wells, the Tyken's rifts, the Terrans, those weren't there before. I am curious if it will stand after the event is over. — Rayfire 18:12, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
Dilithium Rewards[edit source]
Before I ask this on the forums what is the dilithium reward for this mission on Elite supposed to be? I've gotten 960 and 480, but I've even gotten the 480 when I placed in the match, but gotten the 960 without placing at all. Is it a timed thing, where you can only get 960 once every twenty hours? — Rayfire 15:08, 23 December 2013 (UTC)