- 1 Discussion
- 1.1 How can my bridge officers get more than 2 skills or is all that they're allowed?
- 1.2 Critical Success skill buffs
- 1.3 Silver to Gold theoretical pre-existant bonuses
- 1.4 What is the STF boss [Borg] Loot?
- 1.5 entering your own ship
- 1.6 go back a level
- 1.7 Currency
- 1.8 Klingon character help? Need to find my free ship credit or mission.
- 1.9 RSV AOE/CC build.
- 1.10 bonjour a tous voila j ai un petit souci j arrive pas a place mon trophee sur mon vaiseau peut t on m aide mci a vs mike
- 1.11 Photonic Fleet Error and Starbase 24 Mission Error
- 1.12 glitch
- 1.13 How can I set my bridge officer to defensive stance?
- 1.14 Fleet Support, Science Fleet and Quantum Slipstream Drive Skill Error
- 1.15 Crafting
- 1.16 Khitomer Accord Ground STF
- 1.17 Borg Invasion
- 1.18 Getting a Klingon Character
- 1.19 Melee weapon
- 1.20 What's the strongest shield for cruisers and ground?
- 1.21 Set of instructions how to operate the game - why, how, who, etc
- 1.22 earn currency
- 1.23 Character Trait
- 1.24 Weapons Won't Work
- 1.25 STO canon
- 1.26 HUD manipulation
- 1.27 Can't find my ship.
- 1.28 Skilltree missunderstanding
- 1.29 Creating a new character but not knowing about items bought with zen
- 1.30 Greyed out buttons, why can't I?
- 1.31 Space Skills
- 1.32 Not re-hailed aid missions unfinished, Guess Why!
- 1.33 Disk after download...
- 1.34 Repeating a mission when you have finished it
- 1.35 plat game
- 1.36 Game music
- 1.37 fleet creation
- 1.38 Gold member
- 1.39 dilithium
- 1.40 Present patrol mission
- 1.41 Trading in things for….
- 1.42 How Do I Get Quad Cannons?
- 1.43 How do I train officers myself?
- 1.44 Discharging Ships That I Own...
- 1.45 Maxed out skill?
- 1.46 Account shared bank
- 1.47 Broadband Data
- 1.48 Creating ANOTHER character
- 1.49 Equipping Boffs
- 1.50 number of ships you can own
- 1.51 Arc installation problems
- 1.52 mac users playing with pc users
- 1.53 Research and Development
- 1.54 SPS
- 1.55 Mission failure
- 1.56 The "Social" Menu
- 1.57 Customizable Embassy Boffs?
- 1.58 Fleet control
- 1.59 Initial comment
- 1.60 Platforms and Servers
- 1.61 aid missions
- 1.62 Galactic Star Chart Icons
- 1.63 How do I change my hats from kits?
- 1.64 While in Paradise Lost (Nimbus 3) in my upper left corner I have my player progression (L50 now), but also have "Cm (26)" - What is Cm?
- 1.65 My character is stuck in the 23rd century
- 1.66 Phoenix prize pack
- 1.67 Joining a toon to a Fleet?
- 1.68 I want to get a new ship but keep getting "You Must complete the Tutorial" what does this mean ?
How can my bridge officers get more than 2 skills or is all that they're allowed?[edit source]
I can;t send email for some reason so I'll ask my question here:
How can my bridge officers get more than 2 skills or is all that they're allowed?
Surprised that I don't see anything on this anywhere. Here or on the web. Maybe I'm missing something but still.... :(
thanks, --Drmike 16:46, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Drmike! Bridge officers can have 1 to 4 abilities, depending on their rank (Ensign = 1, Lieutenant = 2, Lieutenant Commander = 3, Commander = 4). To promote a bridge officer, you must be at a higher rank than the level you want to bring them to (e.g. if you're a Lieutenant Commander, you can only promote them up to Lieutenant). First press "U" to bring up the status tab, then click the officer you want to promote. A tab that says "Career Options" at the bottom will give you the option to promote (note you must be at least Lieutenant Commander to promote an officer). At that point, you can then use their ability in space or ground. By selecting the skills tab (default is "K") you can increase their performance in the abilities of your choice. If you would like to get a different ability in that slot, you can either speak to a Bridge Officer Trainer at Earth Spacedock (or Qo'noS), train them yourself in certain abilities you have the max level at, or from other bridge officer candidates (using this option will remove them from your applicate pool and so I'd only advise you do this for abilities that cannot be gained any other way). --MatthewM 03:54, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. A couple more questions if I may on the topic.
The ranks that you mention: Is that the player's rank or the BO's? I think they're the player's as my BOs have 2 abilities but the BO's are still Ensigns and I;m a Lieut. still.
It seems like the bridge officer candidates that I get with increases in levels are the more important ones than the ones I get for completing missions. At least the level ones are the ones more likely to be uncommon. Is that right? (Which ticks me off if that's true. I blew off the one I got for going up to Liet7 as I already has an Engineer BO and didn't need another one. Oh well.)
thanks again --Drmike 20:50, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
Critical Success skill buffs[edit source]
How long do these things last? Temporary? Permanent? Star Trek forever! 08:24, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
I think a few hours. I'm also pretty sure it says in the mission description, but I could be wrong. They should display as buffs with a timer, but there is/was a bug where they don't show up. 126.96.36.199 20:13, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Silver to Gold theoretical pre-existant bonuses[edit source]
Say I am Lt. Commander. Normally, I get +2 Bridge Officer Slots. But I became Gold after the promotion. Do I get the extra slot? --Star Trek forever! 22:23, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- I can answer this because I just did it this week: Yes. If you upgrade an existing account to Gold, all characters will retroactively receive the BOff and inventory/bank slots for their past promotions. You do *not* receive any retrain tokens for past promotions, however, only for promotions achieved while the account is Gold. Dr ishmael 22:38, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
What is the STF boss [Borg] Loot?[edit source]
So this is obviously loot that is better against the Borg. But my question is what is it able to do and as well is it really better than any other purple loot drops. Also when it comes to playing the STFs on higher difficuly settings does this improve the ammount of purple drops you get on the boss loot, or is it still only one purple drop?
-- V12themonster 17:07, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- Weapons with the [Borg] Modifier have a 2.5% chance of doing 1k damage to borg, I think. They only come in Mk X, I havn't seen any that are XI. A Mk XI weapon usually does almost the same damage as a Mark X Borg weapon. BrooklynKnight 23:45, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
Thanks a lot for the answer, well that just sucks. I hate how they dont reward us for getting loot in pve really. Its like the best loot is through emblems.
entering your own ship[edit source]
I started playing today, but I'm going crazy since I can't find out how to enter my own ship, especially after I have just customized it, So how do I visit my own bridge and other decks of my ship?
--Star Trek forever! 08:25, 11 February 2012 (UTC) "On the minimap, find the arrow, bottom right. Click it, select "Visit the Bridge." Now, you can roam the bridge, the crew decks, and Engineering."
I found my way onto my bridge, but I didn't see how to go to Engineering or Crew Decks. I'll go back and look again, but wouldn't mind the help if I can't find it.
"Just go to the turbolift on the bridge. That'll give you the option. Note, it does NOT work on special bridges (unique to event ships) like the Breen, Voth or Vaadwaur ones."
Michael22133 17:47, 28 April 2017 (EDT)
"You can also visit your own shuttle if you have one. You can do that by going to the minimap and clicking the arrow on the bottom right, there you can click visit small craft. There is not much you can do on your shuttle or small craft but you can still go to it. The small craft bridge is very small." Please read Jeanjaz's message as well as it say something I wouldn't have left out if he said it.
go back a level[edit source]
I just got to Captain in Federation and selected an Escort ship Defiant class. I hate it. Can I go back to just after I was promoted and reselect a Cruiser class ship?
-- 188.8.131.52 15:00, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Rather surprised that you hate it. Most folks prefer the Escort. The turn speed alone is a huge plus over the Cruiser. Anyway to answer your question, as long as you haven't disposed of your previous cruiser, it should still be in a Ship Slot. Head over to the SE corner of Starbase and go through the door. That room has all of the NPCs that allow you to modify your ships. One of those NPCs, when you hover over it, should say something like Select Your Ship. That's the one you want. When you go into the room, he'll be on the right at the top of the stairs.
- If you did in fact ditch the ship, you;re going to have to buy a new one. At the bottom of the right stairs is a desk with two female NPCs. The one on the left, usually with a crowd in front of her, is the one you want. Be aware you're going to have to pay for it.
- To be honest, I wouldn't pay for a new ship. You get a new ship token at levels 10,20, and 40 if you're a f2p player and every 10 if you're a gold player. I'd tough it out.
- Hope this helps --Drmike 16:12, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
Thank you. I was actually asking if it is possible to go back in rank. I was looking for a way to go back and be able to reselect my ship. You know to just after I was promoted. The beginning of level 30.
- Afraid not on the going back in rank. Should be able to select a lesser ship though with either your next free ship or just by paying for it. Sorry couldn;t give you a better answer. --Drmike 00:15, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
So I've playe STO since its available for free. Im realy impressed, never suggested this level of development. So I want to support the creator. When I try to buy Cryptic Point howerver, it redirects me to Percet World where I can buy ther coins(whatever it is i don't rembember its name) and I can convert that to c-points. If I do it this way, will it benefit Cryptic Studios?
-- 184.108.40.206 16:55, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- I would think so. However, this Wiki is not directly affiliated with Cryptic, so you better ask them yourself on their forums. Regards, --RachelGarrett 22:04, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Klingon character help? Need to find my free ship credit or mission.[edit source]
Hi, am a STO newbie here and i just started playing my second character a klingon. I haven;t figured out how to get access to a free ship credit and i am currently commander lvl 24. I have tried to look int he missions tab and around the first city and shipyard. I even asked once online in the help channel but the best advice i got there was "go left out of transporter room, in the main hall there's a guy". If you could give me somewhat detailed info on how to get to or talk to the right character NPC in game i would be in a new ship! Kirk out.
-- 220.127.116.11 12:54, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
RSV AOE/CC build.[edit source]
So I have a build on mind for RSV (and hopefully Nebula, later) and I have a few questions:
Gravity well III VS. Photonic shockwave III - Which is better for PVP and PVE, which should I take
Tykens rift II vs. Gravity Well I vs. Photonic Shockwave I - again which is better for PVP, which for PVE.
These questions have been plaguing me for a couple of days now and since I am unable to post on STO forums (Not banned, I just get a notice, that I am not allowed to post threads to posts ), I'm going to ask this here.
18.104.22.168 05:47, 9 March 2012 (UTC) Zweistein
bonjour a tous voila j ai un petit souci j arrive pas a place mon trophee sur mon vaiseau peut t on m aide mci a vs mike[edit source]
-- 22.214.171.124 12:54, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
My French is horrible. Please excuse me. That's a problem within the game that we here can not help you with. You need to open up a support ticket with Cryptic Studios and ask them. Good luck --Drmike 15:11, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
Photonic Fleet Error and Starbase 24 Mission Error[edit source]
my character is Rear Admiral Lower Half 2, and Science Officer, but I can't use the Photonic Fleet Skill.(When I got Rear Admiral Lower Half 0, I changed my ship from Exploration Cruiser to Assault Cruiser.)
I want to use this skill but I still can't use the Photonic Fleet Skill because It doesn't exist in my avaliable skill list. Why? I wonder. I think this is quite an error.
Also, the "Starbase 24" haven't been available so far. I think also it's quite an error.
If I can't solve them any more, I'll request correction and compensation about them to Cryptic.
-Player name:Spica, Account ID:udfy-33835719, PM 06:42, 20 March 2012(GMT+9:00)
- Have you checked your available abilities (default key 'P')? Or expanding your tray display to style 3 or 4? I've noticed that abilities you gain by leveling up don't always appear in your tray, or they might appear in a location that is hidden on your current tray style.
- For Starbase 24, it should be listed in the PvE Queue - open your mission window (default key 'J') and click "Volunteer" under the PvE Queue image.
- (These are just stopgap suggestions to make sure you've checked everything properly, I don't mean to insult you or anything like that.) —Dr Ishmael 14:25, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Currently, I am having problems with my duty officer missions. On two them (Rigelian Cultural Exchange and Asylum on Earth), I am unable to collect the rewards. My inventory is empty, but I can't collect the rewards. Any ideas on how to fix this (I have tried logging out and re-logging, but it won't work)?
-- Caleb143 01:06, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Those both reward duty officers, so I bet your doff roster is full. Yes, the error message is incorrect. You'll have to dismiss some of your current doffs in order to claim those rewards. —Dr Ishmael 01:42, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- i did that, and it didnt work. just try again?
--Caleb143 05:19, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
How can I set my bridge officer to defensive stance?[edit source]
How can I set my bridge officer to defensive stance? I may need to find it to do mission "Assimilation"(Undine Front). I know If I set my Boff to defensive, most of the borg drones will ignore me.
- I believe you can do that at the tailors. I haven't tried though so this may just be an incorrect guess. --Drmike 13:37, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Fleet Support, Science Fleet and Quantum Slipstream Drive Skill Error[edit source]
I'm now VA1(Level 50), but I can only use maximum this skill: Photonic Fleet (Capt. 8)
I noticed the Fleet Support Skill is provided when player level reaches LA 3, Science Fleet is proviced when reaches UA 3, QSD is provided when reaches VA1.
I already checked my available skill window, even 10 times, and checked skill box(mode 4), but I can't use this skill because they doesn't exist.(no hidden)
Why? Why I can't use these skills unless I'm VA1?
I want to know why. I think it is a massive error... If It come out into the open that it is a massive error, I want to compensation about these.
- Dude no offense but you're posting to the wrong site. http://forums.startrekonline.com Bugs about the game go there. Simple questions about how to play the game go here. Oh and I want compensation for having to direct you to the correct site. ;)
- What's sad is that that's actually one of the better descriptions for a problem I've seen around here. --Drmike 12:03, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
If I craft the Horta (180 General Research Skill Needed, I call it RSP), Is 180 RSP reduced by crafting Horta?
- Research Skill can't be reduced at all; it's like normal skill points. KarikaCommunicator 11:43, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
Khitomer Accord Ground STF[edit source]
If the option timer is expired(15:00), Can the player go into the IMR or not?
- The timer doesn't matter for the accolade (you can still get the Borg bridge officer) KarikaCommunicator 11:53, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
Borg Invasion[edit source]
How can I access this event: "Borg Invasion Event (Daily)"?
I can't access until now because I don't know how to access this event.
I think this isn't exist any more... right?
Or... If it's still exist, how can I access?
Please help me.
Getting a Klingon Character[edit source]
I am a Starfleet level 16, and I want to get a Klingon character at level 25. However, I don't know if I will need to delete my character slot to do so (I only have one) and if I do, I don't know if it will allow =me to make a Klingon character. Help. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk · contr)
- You will be given a second slot at the same time. —Dr Ishmael 20:28, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Melee weapon[edit source]
How can I get the melee weapon which has the Borg modifier? I tried to get it, but I can't. At Battle Group Omega, the U.S.S. Tomlinson hasn't sold no equipment. And I'm level 50, VA1.(Can play STF Elite)
What's the strongest shield for cruisers and ground?[edit source]
It depends on how you define "strongest." If you want the most capacity, get a Covariant shield for space and a [Cap]x3 for ground. If you want something that bounces back the fastest, get a Regenerative shield ([Reg]x3 for ground). If you want something that has the least bleedthrough, go Resilient. Everything has a tradeoff and there is no overall "best." --MatthewM 10:35, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
-- 188.8.131.52 15:27, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Set of instructions how to operate the game - why, how, who, etc[edit source]
There are many aspects to the game -- can you please clarify which parts you'd like a guide for? --MatthewM 10:35, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
-- 184.108.40.206 15:32, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
earn currency[edit source]
What is the best way to earn currency? --User:220.127.116.11
Character Trait[edit source]
Can I change trait of my character after created or not?
- Not at this time. There are talks about a retrait or respecies token being available at some point in the future, but Season 7 (end of 2012) is the earliest this would happen. --MatthewM 18:45, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Weapons Won't Work[edit source]
Every time I ditch a weapon that doesn't work for me against a certain enemy, and give it to one of my bridge officers, it will work perfectly fine, sometimes way better, than when I used it. Why is that?
-- 18.104.22.168 10:11, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
STO canon[edit source]
Is Star Trek Online considered a canon in the Star Trek franchise?
Thanks in advance.
-- 22.214.171.124 15:22, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- The short is no, since "canon" is generally considered whatever appeared in television and movies. The Enterprise-F which is of the fan-made Odyssey class is being called canon by CBS, which owns the rights to all Star Trek television and movies outside of the JJ Abrams alternate universe. --MatthewM 18:40, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
HUD manipulation[edit source]
How do change the lay out of my abilities listed in my HUD? I refer to the location of different fore and aft weapons as well as Bridge officer abilities and consoles. -- 126.96.36.199 16:27, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- Pressing P will open up your powers abilities and allow them to be click-and-dragged to whichever location you would like in the tray (make sure you don't have the tray button lock option selected, however). To actually move where these trays appear, F12 will allow you to change their location on the screen and the options allows you to increase or decrease the size of all parts of the game UI. --MatthewM 18:14, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Can't find my ship.[edit source]
Ok, so back when I was a Captain (31) I believe, I purchased the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser for when I hit Vice Admiral. (I wanted to make sure they didn't get rid of it before I reached VA.) But I can't find it in my ship slots. I just wanted to know if anything on my account shows that I have the ship, or if it just doesn't show up until I hit lvl 50. (I'm a 49 with 7,000 xp left before I get my VA. I would have already ranked, but everything is down for maintenance. Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be very helpful.
Charles 09/13/2012 1009 hrs
-- 188.8.131.52 14:10, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- In the Shipyard from Earth Spacedock or DS9 or Drozana Station there is a npc named Ship Selector or something like that. Search that npc and select your ship (make as current if you meet the requirements).From that npc you can also select your shuttle too ,for example when you want to do the Vault event or “The Vault” episode, if you got a shuttle with a free requsition mark or zen.(if not showing up, i dont know why, perhaps you changed the name and you didnt looked carefuly or might need to meet the required rank to show up. Cris333 14:28, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
Skilltree missunderstanding[edit source]
Hiho. I have an easy and simple question ... what does the +18, +36, +54, etc... in the skilltree means?
Are these numbers percentage values?
I ask because i want to reach an auxilary energy value of 125. Normaly i have 118 (without any points spend in the skilltree for increasing it) but i don't know how much 1 point (+18) in Auxilary energy increases my energy in game.
I hope you know the answer.
PS: Sorry for my bad english. It isn't my native language
-- 184.108.40.206 14:57, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
Creating a new character but not knowing about items bought with zen[edit source]
->I recently purchased the "TOS Constitution Class Cruiser" and now wish to start a new character but i want to know will i be able to keep the purchased item or will i lose it since i will have to delete the character it was purchased on (not account just character).
-- 220.127.116.11 14:50, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
-- 18.104.22.168 08:29, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
Space Skills[edit source]
->Hello, I have a question about my bridge officer's space skills. Every time I enter a system, I can't see my officer's space skills. Normally, I can see them both in sector space and in systems. The problem started when I accepted the mission, "Everything Old is New." I am Lieutenant Cmdr (15,) my ship is a Heavy Cruiser, I have two engineering officers, one science officer, and one tactical officer. I myself am a tactical officer.
-- 22.214.171.124 01:28, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
- This is a Known Issue , players may need to re-slot their Bridge Officers and/or Bridge Officer abilities.Open character status, go to "Stations" tab,click on each station/boff name to scroll down names list, select "None" then select again the boff's name.Repeat this for all the stations. Cris333 02:06, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
Not re-hailed aid missions unfinished, Guess Why![edit source]
Once delivery has been made to planet, bridge is not re-hailed to gain credit for mission. Example Delta Volanis. And then a day later I discovered that supplies need to be on-board! Thanks Federation!!
-- Rudgebnz4 07:41, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
Disk after download...[edit source]
I got the DVD-ROM but have been playing free-to-play for a time. Am I able to install the disk and get the rewards with an existing account or would I have to create a whole new account? (...and if I can add them to an existing account, how would I do so?)
MatrixQuest 126.96.36.199 03:05, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Repeating a mission when you have finished it[edit source]
I have just completed "Under the Cover of Night" where you have to stop T'Par from selling Federation secrets to the Romulans. When I finished the mission and went back to sector space, I was unable to contact Starfleet. All it asked me was to restart the missio or continue it. This has happened to me 3 times now.
Thanks and happy new year
-- Trekkie613 13:50, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
plat game[edit source]
-- james19975 13:09, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
Game music[edit source]
Who created the music we hear in-game and how can someone get a hold of it?
-- Redfederation 17:38, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
fleet creation[edit source]
i am trying to create a fleet ,i qualify with the criteria stated e.g. zen,silver member or more than 20 hrs game play and when i get my team of 5 together in the same ESD the fleet message keeps saying fleet error: new fleet creation can not send or receive fleet invites,please can you shed some light on this problem,thanks :) AndrewA 01/21/2013 12:12 HRS
Andyaspinall 23:16, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
Gold member[edit source]
How exactly does someone become a gold member and why can't a non-gold member "purchase" a new ship upon reaching vice admiral (50)?
-- Trrekkie613 03:11, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
-- Colin7654 16:48, 4 February 2013 (UTC) hi im having trouble with dilithium ore i need to find a place to refine it but i am unsure where to go and im getting close to being to buy a ship with it maybe does anyone know what to do some help would be great.
Present patrol mission[edit source]
Hi i can't seem to get q to give me the mission at all?? -- 188.8.131.52 23:42, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
Trading in things for….[edit source]
According to Wiki the "Borg Neural Processor" can be "turned in for Dilithium Ore."
Anyone know 'how' to do this?
Thanks, -- JRTjr 04:15, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's a reputation project. Of the same kind as the ones where you go to the next tier. 184.108.40.206 08:45, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
How Do I Get Quad Cannons?[edit source]
I saw something on the STO website about Quad Cannons and was wondering how to get them. Does anyone know?
-- 220.127.116.11 12:23, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- You get Phaser Quad Cannons by buying a Tactical Escort Refit; and Disruptor Quad Cannons by buying a Norgh Bird-of-Prey Refit 18.104.22.168 16:15, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
Character creation and Trait selection
-- 22.214.171.124 11:49, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
I'm wondering if the Guide Trait suggenstionis still up to date. See, I choose Alien for the additional trait selection bonus, but even though it's even stated in the creation screens with an asterix, I could't select a trait on creation. From my experimentation I get the feeling that you get a total of around 4 traits at the beginning and gain additional traits on 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 - so you get 10 traits and 1 respec token:
1. Do you get a free respec token for traits for every character, or one for the whole account?
2. Is there a way to find a guide or information on the profession angle? like if you choose science, then warp theory would be better to have in space then for example covert operation?
How do I train officers myself?[edit source]
-- 126.96.36.199 00:17, 23 June 2013 (UTC) Hello, when spending points on my characters skills, it says once I did so much in torpedoes, I would be able to train my tactical officer to do High-yield III. I can't seem to figure out how to do this
Discharging Ships That I Own...[edit source]
I am wondering about discharging ships that I own. If I do this, is it like selling the ship and I get some form of currency in return or is it like discarding the ship and it's just gone?
Maxed out skill?[edit source]
So I've maxed my weapon proficiency to 99 and the omega perk raises it by thirty does it go past 99?
How and where can I create an Account shared bank?
-- 188.8.131.52 11:09, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
- Either become a Gold member, or buy some slots from the C-store.184.108.40.206 14:44, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
Broadband Data[edit source]
Hi, I was wondering what amount of data that this games uses. I play for an average of 7 Hours a day, so am wondering how much data this uses.
Creating ANOTHER character[edit source]
I heard talk of Cryptic possibly adding another faction. Which brings up my question. If I create another character in another faction, do I keep rank? or do I have to start over?
-- 220.127.116.11 05:11, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- Creating a new character has that character start out from the lowest level, every game does that. 18.104.22.168 18:21, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
Equipping Boffs[edit source]
I simply need to know how to give my bridge officers weapons and other equipment. I accidentally removed the weapon from one of my officers and cannot get it back... -- 22.214.171.124 11:17, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- Simple. If you want to equip your Boffs, just open your equipment page (u) and inventory (i), and drag the weapon from your inventory to the proper slot on the selected Boff. 126.96.36.199 12:59, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
-->Do 2 consoles of the same type and ability, only different mark values stack in any way . Or does the most powerful negate the lesser?
-- 188.8.131.52 15:12, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
number of ships you can own[edit source]
How many ships may I hold at one time? Are you able to keep more ships the higher your level or are you only allowed to keep 2?
-- 184.108.40.206 00:22, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- As you rank up, you automatically receive more Ship Slots. Likewise, you can get more through the C store and by being a veteran Player, for a maximum of, I believe, 52. 220.127.116.11 18:19, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
Arc installation problems[edit source]
So i decided to join star trek online but i'm having problems. I've installed this Arc program which installs the game from the star trek website but when i try to start the installation of star trek online the system keeps telling me i have error. I thought it might be a memory issue but i've got lots of room and i've allowed the servers to link up to my computer to download it but i'm not getting anything. It's been two days now. what's going on here?
-- 18.104.22.168 10:22, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
mac users playing with pc users[edit source]
I read that there is "one server for all" except for the test server. does that mean mac users can play with pc users?
-- 22.214.171.124 19:01, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Research and Development[edit source]
I've been looking at the R&D assignments and see that they require various supplies, but am having trouble finding some of them, like the Industrial Replicator Supplies. I've checked with Commodity Brokers and merchants, but cannot locate them, the closest I come to it are just Industrial Replicators...no supplies. Any guidance on where to obtain these would be greatly appreciated.
-- 126.96.36.199 10:16, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- editing topic to make it right.
188.8.131.52 10:20, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- On any mission map you'll frequently find special anomalies. Scan them, complete the minigame and you'll get the RD materials. You can also get them through some Doff missions.184.108.40.206 22:49, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- "Industrial Replicator Supplies" specifically is made in your own R&D department.
- Try the Engineering Button from the list that goes down the left side of the R&D window. There will show a list of things you can manufacture. If you scroll down you should find one that says "Industrial Replicator Supplies."
- I've noticed that a number of items are duplicated in the different areas, but when chosen will give XP to the area it was chosen from. For example, the areas of 'Ground Weapons,' 'Projectiles,' 'and 'Science' all have a Component called a "Focusing Lens" that will stack in your inventory even though they were chosen from different areas. If you choose it from the "Science" area, it will give "Science XP."
- You will need to have these as a 'Component Part' to make other things.)
- If it says 'COMPONENT' it is something you make (or buy from the exchange) and if it says 'MATERIAL' it is something you (can buy from the exchange or) gather in space, on planets, and sometimes in buildings - oh, and if you get more than 500 pts in Dilithium mining you will get at least one type of R&D material without the minigame; over 600 pts can give you 2 or more types of materials. I don't know about higher pts since I haven't been able to get higher than that yet. :)
- As was mentioned above, I've never yet had a mission that doesn't offer one or more opportunities to play the minigame to collect R&D Materials. (Sometimes they are in crates in buildings.) Unless you have Enemies bearing down hard on you, take the time to pick them up - I've procrastinated, thinking "Oh I'll do that later" and ended up missing my opportunity to get them. :(
- I hope it is ok I answered this. Was just figuring it out myself and happened to know the answer - or I think I do anyway. :)
Can't find the meaning nor the values of SPS (Weapons). Neither using the search function, nor browsing the wiki. Can someone tell me where to look?
thank You All!
I've recently started paying F2P STO again after a 3 year break. Having to learn everything all over again.
I had a mission (Taste of Home) that I was having problems figuring out. When I started looking for help I found it had been archived.
I had done the mission (bought the Jumja stick at DS9) but couldn't figure out how to finish it/turn it in. I was supposed to deliver it to a person on Memory Alpha. After I figured out how to get there and went all over the system and couldn't find anything to interact with, I returned to Starfleet in Sol.
Does anyone know if I can get credit for this mission or do I have to just trash it and chalk it up to experience?
- Memory Alpha has been removed from the game, so I don't think there's any way to visit O'Brien to finish the mission. I'm afraid you'll have to just drop it. Jeffel82 (talk) 20:42, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
Mission failure[edit source]
I'm relatively new to STO, but I have managed to make it to level 15 (Fed). I literally HAUNT this wiki, the Steam STO Community pages, and the Cryptic website looking for answers to my many questions and usually come up frustrated.
My most recent frustration is when trying to do the Bajor mission: Standoff. I already knew what the "trinket keepsake" was and in knowing, didn't figure a laser cutting device would do anything but cut through the membrane to find Keni (cow) dung beneath. However, it destroyed it and the mission failed.
I did a search on "failed missions," "mission fail," "Missions" and a few other search terms in all of the above listed resources and finally, in this wiki found a piece of information addressing the mission "Standoff" but there isn't any single page addressing the various options for failed missions.
In searching "mission fail," I found there doesn't seem to be a standardized format to dealing with the subject on individual mission pages, and my specific mission, "Standoff," wasn't in that list (except the note) because it doesn't address it at all except to mention in the Notes that it used to be a daily repeatable mission (seems an odd storyline to repeat daily anyway), nothing on what to do if it failed.
So, (1) a suggestion to standardize the format for mission pages to include a "In Case of Failure..." section.
(2) A suggestion to add a wiki page to outline the possible options for failed missions and what clues to look for if it isn't obvious which sort of mission it is or there aren't any instructions on "options in case of failure." (repeatable daily; second try after 30 mins; Failed? Too bad, no re-do's; etc) and
(3) Do you know what I am supposed to do with my particular mission (Standoff)? If I "Drop" the mission, can I come back and restart it or is it "dropped" permanently? Do I shut down the game and hope for the best?
I hope I not only find my answers, but maybe help the Wiki also, although it looks like there is plenty of work around here. Maybe, if I ever figure this game out, I'll be able to help with that.
- I'm pretty sure that the diplomacy missions are one time only. Regardless if you fail or succeed. That's why I decided to use a guide for them each time I did it. Although, I'm not sure as each time I succeeded. I suppose your best option is to drop it and see if you can try again.
Sorry if I can't be more helpful. 220.127.116.11 12:32, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
I just hopped in-game with a character who hadn't completed the mission and failed it to see what happens. I can confirm that you are safe - just drop the mission, and you will be able to return to Cadet Samua on the surface and pick it up again. I'll add a line to that effect on the mission's page. Jeffel82 (talk) 13:17, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
The "Social" Menu[edit source]
In the upper right corner of the STO screen is a button that says "Social."
When you click it, a window pops up containing several tabs. I don't have it in front of me, but the tabs say things like "Teams," Fleets," "Search," and "FTS" (Find Team Settings).
I can't find anything in the Wiki that addresses this window or the tabs in it. I don't know what they mean or how to use them.
Related - I finally found a page about Fleets, that is after I took the "s" off the end: FLEET instead of FLEETS. Maybe there could be a redirect for the different forms and misspelling of important search terms.
I couldn't find anything about "Teams" (or even Team) and it seems to be important enough to have its own tab in the Social Window. The only references to "Team" I found were in relation to characteristics of weapons, Ships, BOFF's, DOFF's, and Traits/Powers; nothing that had to do with a Social aspect of the game.
Maybe these things are covered and I just couldn't find them?
-- 18.104.22.168 04:02, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
Customizable Embassy Boffs?[edit source]
Can anybody tell me if the Embassy Romulan Boffs are customizable? I don't think it's stated anywhere here and it would really influence my choice to spend credits on one.
Thanks in advance.22.214.171.124 12:23, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Fleet control[edit source]
how can you take over the fleet when all admin leaves the fleet and leaving low ranking member?
-- 126.96.36.199 03:11, 10 December 2015 (UTC)
Initial comment[edit source]
Character walked through force field where hull was breached and fell out of ship. Trapped walking in space. Have restarted multiple times. How and who do I contact to get this fixed. I certainly expected better, I have a lifetime membership on PC.
-- 188.8.131.52 16:22, 12 December 2016 (UTC)
- Try How do I report a gameplay bug? or Arc forum support section. --Damixon (talk) 16:35, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
i am on a space station i cant find a way to beam to my ship can anyone help?
-- 184.108.40.206 07:16, 27 December 2016 (UTC)
I am very new to this and I have been reading online on how to do things. My main problem is that I have been wanting to trade in the Dilithium I have been getting for Zen. I have followed all of the directions but it seems I still can't do anything since I am guessing I need zen in order to sell the Dilithium for zen. I may be missing something here but I am just stuck on this and need some help on what to do. Thank you.
220.127.116.11 18:23, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
Platforms and Servers[edit source]
Are the servers and it's various platforms integrated? Basically, i have a pc and want to play with someone else who is on PS4... possible?
-- 18.104.22.168 05:19, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
aid missions[edit source]
-- 22.214.171.124 12:01, 11 November 2017 (UTC) Been to the commodities broker on star fleet and told of three different places requiring relief aid . I've bought some of the commodities and then flown where requested , but on arrival , no mention of aid . What am I doing wrong ?
- I think those are leftovers from the removed Mission: Relief Effort, no longer available with season 9.5 update (July 2014). --Damixon (talk) 23:06, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
Galactic Star Chart Icons[edit source]
I would like to know if there is a description for all the icons in the star map. Im playing STO Insurgence ftp.
- I am not sure which icons are you talking about. Can you link an example? --Damixon (talk) 22:04, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
How do I change my hats from kits?[edit source]
I have a Christmas Hat kit and clicked use on it. It tells me I can not have more than one of this item in use. The only other head attach item I have is the flower headband from the summer events. Do I have to get rid of the headband so I can use the Christmas hat? If yes, how do I do that? I cannot find anything that allows me to delete or remove it from my wardrobe.
- I'm not sure I follow. From what I understand, you already have a Christmas hat, so you can't unlock it again by opening the pack. If you want your character to wear it, just go to any tailor and edit your appearance there. Simply switch the "head type" at the top to "hats & helmets" (if I recall correctly), and then just customize your winter hat. Hope this helpled. 126.96.36.199 22:11, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
While in Paradise Lost (Nimbus 3) in my upper left corner I have my player progression (L50 now), but also have "Cm (26)" - What is Cm?[edit source]
- Cm stands for commander rank. I think everyone has their level scaled down to match foes because the map is also available to low level players. Otherwise, Nimbus adventure zone would be too easy. --Damixon (talk) 01:10, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
My character is stuck in the 23rd century[edit source]
My character started off in the 23rd century. When he was brought forward to the 25th century, he still uses an old style communicator, TOS style transporter beam and TOS tricorder. How do I update him? -- Fmelgoza (talk) 16:55, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- This is intentional and there is currently no way to switch the effects with the 25th century ones. --PiralDorrm (talk) 17:01, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
Phoenix prize pack[edit source]
I got the ship vss voreth but I can't find it? I went to the shipyard and even tried different characters how do I find it after I got it from the prize pack??? Thank you
-- 188.8.131.52 00:40, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
- That ship isnt a playable one for you to fly. It is simply a kind of collectible to use in the Admiralty System --Xbrain130 (talk) 01:44, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
Joining a toon to a Fleet?[edit source]
What is the lowest level can a toon join a fleet? When is the ability to join unlocked? It should be, but isn't listed here, and I am trying to explain things to a newbee who wants to join. But for the life of me, I can't remember the level of the unlock. I've been playing the game since beta, and do think of such things anymore.
I keep thinking it is something low like level 12. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Player_rank
Thanks, JT Kerry
- Hey, you can join fleet with Federation or Klingon faction immediately. With TOS-fed you need to advance the storyline first (~lvl 10). Romulan and Dominion require choice of faction which happens around lvl.10. I don't know about Discovery-fed character as I never created one, but I'm guessing it is similar like TOS-fed character. --Damixon (talk) 23:35, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
I want to get a new ship but keep getting "You Must complete the Tutorial" what does this mean ?[edit source]
-- 184.108.40.206 01:06, 3 August 2019 (UTC)