Talk:Earth Spacedock (pre-Season 9)
A lot of NPCs in ship requisitions have been removed with their functions being rolled into one. Lt. Commander Ophlim now handles starship weapons, consoles and components. I don't want to do an edit without confirmation, anybody else notice this? --- Eddy 04:42, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it is like you observed, but not only in the shipyard but in the Requisitions section as well. Greetings, Markonian 19:24, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Just wondering...[edit source]
Does it sometimes take other people over a minute to load ESD? Because sometimes it can take 2 minutes for me, other times it is reallly quick.--184.108.40.206 10:05, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, this happens to some people. I believe it's partly due to the high population of players there. People have consistently reported that having more RAM on their machines can also reduce the time to load. --MatthewM 10:08, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Season 9 Revamp[edit source]
Season 9 (scheduled for live launch late April 2014), will include a complete make-over of Earth Spacedock. Some players have been overly critical, saying the current ESD on Holodeck is fine (it certainly gets the job done), but in my opinion, it's far from fine. Compared to the Season 9 version, the current ESD is dark and gloomy, and several areas feel like they used to be cargo bays, now converted for public usage.
The new ESD looks better in absolutely every way. Mail and Bank access is now available throughout the station in many different locations. The Exchange area actually looks like an Exchange now.
Two notable absentee's on the new ESD, are the State Room and Club 47. It's been confirmed that Club 47 will be a post-Season 9 addition to ESD. The State Room never served a real purpose, other than an "RP location" for when you gained a new Rank. --Darkthunder84 (talk) 00:42, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Well I guess this page needs updating now...
- Taco has talked about the possibility or re-adding the stateroom, although this may come down on SFA instead. For the RP-ers they have added a board room where you can meet around a table and discuss stuff.
- If people haven't been able to get in game since S9 release. I've posted a number of photos of the new ESD on the STO G+ community. All the pictures were taken on tribble, so somethings have changed.