Tales from K13
|The content of this article or section is canon|
The content of this article or section is Star Trek canon referenced in the game or its lore. However, it does not directly appear in Star Trek Online. As the Star Trek Online Wiki is dedicated to in-game content, broader Star Trek lore can be looked up on Memory Alpha and Memory Beta.
Tales from K13 is a series of short blog posts published on the official Star Trek Online web page. The posts are written from an in-universe perspective, and tell short stories set aboard Deep Space K-13.
Tales from K13 #1[edit | edit source]
- Following the discovery of K-13 and the revival of its crew, K-13 crew member Sheldon has been promoted to Chief Engineer. The Klingon prisoners aboard the station have been freed and allowed to join the crew, though Sheldon retains a lingering distrust of them. Along with Crewman Reeve, Sheldon works to save the station from a collision with a large asteroid. After successfully using the station's thrusters to move K-13 out of harm's way, Sheldon attempts to remotely take control of the Earhart, the station's shuttle, which Klingon crew members had taken to destroy the asteroid - and themselves with it - if necessary. Sheldon is stopped by Reeve and two other engineers, and is transferred to the brig. Later, Reeve, having been promoted to Lieutenant, meets with station Commander O'Ryan and Commander Krom of the Klingon Defense Force. They theorize that Sheldon is suffering from stasis-induced dementia.
- Official Blog - Tales from K13 (November 7, 2016)
Tales from K13 Part 2[edit | edit source]
- Aboard the Earhart, the Klingon prisoners, led by Captain B'ram, prepare to land on the asteroid and plant explosive charges. B'ram tells his fellow Klingons that he intends to keep one of the charges for himself, and use it to seize control of K-13, killing the Starfleet occupants if necessary. Commander Krom privately disagrees with this course of action, believing that even if they managed to take the station, it would be no match for a Federation starship, or the Ferengi if they decided to return. With the assistance of Lieutenant Varss, Krom accelerates the planting of the charges and returns to the shuttle with his team; Captain B'ram is killed in the explosion. En route back to the station, they lose control of the shuttle, but are able to dock with the station. Lieutenant Reeve informs Krom that the "safety procedure" was initiated by one of the station's crew, and that it would not happen again.
- Official Blog - Tales from K13 Part 2 (November 21, 2016)
Tales from K-13 Part 3[edit | edit source]
- Captain Ezri Dax of the U.S.S. Aventine arrives at K-13. There, she uses her personal experience as a counselor in Starfleet, as well as the combined life experiences of the Dax symbiont, to speak with Commander Krom and convince him that the Federation and Klingon Empire are now allies.
- Official Blog - Tales from K-13 Part 3 (December 6, 2016)
Tales of K-13 Part 4![edit | edit source]
- Commanders Nereda and Drij arrive on Draconis III shortly after the Protomatter explosion which eradicated all life on the planet's surface. They find the shuttlecraft Sacagawea, which had been used by the survivors of K-13 in 1571. It contains log entries detailing the lives of Nichols, Sheridan, and T'Von on the surface. They discover that the team had initially settled far from the locals, in hopes that they would eventually be rescued by someone from 2270. The following year, an alien craft landed on the surface of the planet, and its occupants began slaughtering the Draconians. After observing this for several days, the team decided to aid the Draconians, and began a guerilla warfare campaign against the aliens, being discovered by the Draconians in the process. Nichols was poisoned in a battle with the aliens, and was later cured by the Draconians, who had come to regard the Starfleet officers as gods. After the aliens were driven from the world, the Starfleet officers attempted to convince the Draconians they were not gods, and took the Sacagawea to settle on a remote island. In the following years, Sheridan and T'Von were married. Eventually, Nichols passed away in 1603, at the age of 67. Sheridan passed away in 1625, and T'Von lived alone until 1734. Nereda and Drij vow to notify the familes of the Starfleet officers of their fate.
- Official Blog - Tales of K-13 Part 4! (December 16, 2016)