Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle
- 102 Antiproton Damage (81.6 DPS)
- +60 Crit Severity Bonus
Chained Proton Damage
- 21.2 Proton x3
- Chain up to 4 targets
- +40% Critical Severity
The Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle is a unique weapon developed by Lieutenant Kalapo/B'Eler specifically for combating Devidians.
The U.S.S. DeWitt was destroyed by the Klingons in “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”, which presumably explains how the KDF obtained the prototype.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
This item is unique, so players can only have one per character.
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
The Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle can be exclusively obtained asitem.
Gear Upgrade[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Rarity||Added Modifier||Item Modifiers|
|[Dm/CrH]||[CritD] [Dm/CrH] [Dmg]|
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Personal Equipment[edit | edit source]
|Energy Harness Armor||+5% All Energy Damage||Ranged|
|Recoil Compensating Armor||+40% Critical Severity||Both|
|Integrated Targeting Armor||+5% Critical Chance||Both|
|Physical Augmentation Armor||+10% Physical Damage strength||Melee|
|Personal Shield + [Ene] Suffix||Chance to provide a 10% Energy Damage Buff for 4 sec when you take damage.||Ranged|
| Power Cell
Small - Medium - Large
| Small - +15 All Energy Damage for 15 secs
Medium - +20 All Energy Damage for 15 secs
Large - +25 All Energy Damage for 15 secs
Consumed on use.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although this weapon is good against single enemies, this weapon is built to be most effective when used against groups of 3-4. The tighter the group, the better. The best strategy is for the player to target someone in the rear of the group. Using this method, the chain fire will actually chain forward to everyone standing in front of the target, dealing heavy flanking damage!
- This weapon appears to be a reference to Ghostbusters. It is similar in appearance to the proton weapons from the film, the secondary fire is a proton beam with a similar "stream" effect, and it is provided specifically for use against the ghost-like Devidians.
- Although this weapon may never have been designed for such a use, is amazingly well suited for fighting Borg. Just as with fighting Devidians, the secondary Fire can be used to devastating effect if used against a group of 3-4 Drones. Using this method, a player can actually kill numerous drones before ever needing to remodulate.
- When introduced, this was the only ground weapon with two different types of energy damage: Proton and Antiproton. Since the release of Season Seven: New Romulus there are now multiple ground weapons with multiple energy damage types. As of Season Nine, this remains the only Proton/Antiproton weapon; however.
- Unlike most other ground weapons, this weapon is not visible on the players' back when not in use. Also, despite being called a "rifle," the player wields it like an Assault Minigun.
- With the secondary fire being able to chain, and primary fire acting very much like a shotgun bolt, this weapon is a welcome substitute for a Pulsewave Assault, and also has a slightly longer range. In addition, the damage dealt seems to increase with the player's level.
| Ground Weapons |
|Damage Type||Pistol||Rifle||Assault|| Melee|
|Standard Weapons and Special Weapons|
|Reputation and Lock Box (dual-proc and new proc)|
|Damage Type||Pistol||Rifle||Assault|| Set Items|
|See Also||Fleet Ground Weapons • 23rd Century Ground Weapons • Ground Equipment Eets • Special Ground Weapons|