A ship slot is a spot occupied by a ship. Think of it as a docking space. A player only gets a limited number of ship slots and can therefore only have so many ships. A player begins with two ship slots but can get up to 14 (5 initial slots, 6 from promotions + 3 from accolades) through in-game means, or more still by purchasing it from the C-Store.
Ships may be stored in Dry Dock Slots when not in use.
Ship slots are individual to each character, i.e. if you have 2 empty slots on one character, they cannot be used for ships on another.
Obtaining additional ship slots[edit | edit source]
Obtaining or purchasing more slots will only apply to one character, with the exception of Veteran Rewards which apply to your entire account. Methods to obtain more:
- An additional ship slot is added for each promotion (per character):
- Lieutenant Commander
- Rear Admiral, Lower Half / Brigadier General
- Rear Admiral, Upper Half / Major General
- Vice Admiral / Lieutenant General, for a maximum of 6 by ranking up.
- Veteran Rewards, which unlock once per account but apply for each character:
- 200 day Veteran Reward adds one ship slot with the accolade Redoubtable
- 500 day Veteran Reward adds another ship slot with the accolade Relentless
- 1000 day Veteran Reward adds another ship slot with the accolades Starfleet Veteran and Empire Veteran, for a maximum of 3 from accolades
- “The Vault” [FED/KDF] adds a ship slot with the accolade Size Doesn't Matter (per character)
- “Small Packages” [ROM] adds a ship slot with the accolade Size Doesn't Matter (per character)
- 2 ship slots are available from the C-Store for a price of 500 (per character, repeatable). A maximum of 48 ships can be purchased in this way.