Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Defenses on most starships consist of deflector shields at the least and can be upgraded to adaptive/regenerative shielding and ships can have ablative armor (dissipates the weapon energy evenly).
The types of shields vary in abilities. They will have at least 2 traits to the item, with some of the uncommon or rare items adding additional bonus'.
- Gives you X amount of shielding on your ship in each of the 4 zones. eg. 2,349 Shields.
- Regenerates y amount of shields every z seconds. eg. Regenerates 82 Shields every 6 seconds.
- An example would be something like 20% Chance to Knock Back Opponents on hits.
- Bleedthrough - Energy from opponent's weapon bypasses shielding to cause damage to vessel.
- Absorption - Energy from opponent's weapon is negated and has no effect on vessel. Conjecturally believed by some to add to player vessel shield energy.