- This page is for the Collective vessel class. For the Cooperative vessel class, see Cooperative Sphere.
While smaller than the infamous Borg Cubes, Spheres have a range of powerful abilities and are not to be underestimated.
Armament [edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Hull strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- Features heavily in the Borg Advance.
- “Empire Defense Against Borg Invasion”: Numerous Spheres are hiding in the T'Kanis Nebula.
- Borg Invasion: Most Borg battle groups contain at least one sphere.
- “Fleet Alert”: Sphere are among the Borg forces attacking a Fleet starbase.
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: Borg Spheres are part of a massive invasion of the Alpha Quadrant, their first target being the Vega System.
- “The Vault”: Players discover a deactivated Sphere inside The Vault.
- “Infected: The Conduit”: Spheres guard the Borg transwarp gateway erected in the Sibiran System near Starbase 82. A specialized variant called the "Nanite Sphere" also appears to try to repair damage done by the players.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: Borg Spheres defend the transwarp gateways in the Quadra Sigma System.
- “Hive Onslaught”: Borg Spheres are among the fleet of Borg ships defending the Borg Queen in the space near the Unicomplex.
- Ker'rat System: Spheres roam the Borg repair facility, guarding it against attack by players.
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: The player attempts to liberate Spheres and other Borg vessels from the collective in the Jarleth System.
- “Alliances”: Cooperative spheres arrive in the Russan System during the player's attempt to persuade the Octanti to join the Delta Alliance in their fight against the Vaadwaur.
- “Takedown”: Cooperative Spheres are part of the Alliance fleet that take part in the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld. One of these vessels is temporarily commanded by Seven of Nine.
- “Butterfly”: In an alternate timeline created by the use of the Krenim temporal weapon, the player engages several Spheres and other Borg vessels in a fully assimilated Romulus System; the Borg vessels ambushing the player using Romulan cloaking technology.
- Spheres are part of Borg forces engaged in Deep Space Encounters in the Beta and Delta Quadrants.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Cooperative Sphere inside the Jenolan Dyson Sphere.