The Sol System (or Solar system or Terran system) is a star system located in the Vulcan Sector, and marks the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrant. It is home to the Human homeworld, Earth. Earth Spacedock orbits this planet and is the starting location for all new Federation characters. Starfleet Academy is based in San Francisco, Earth. Of the other worlds in the system, at least Mars and Luna have permanent settlements. The division between Alpha and Beta Quadrant runs through the Sol System.
System Description[edit | edit source]
Structure[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”: KDF players launch an attack against the Utopia Planitia Shipyards over Mars.
- “First Contact Day”: The player meets the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-F at Utopia Planitia Shipyards and conduct a test of new anti-Undine weapons.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Earth Spacedock is heavily damaged by the Undine during an ambush on the Sol System, including Earth and the Lunar colonies.
- “Midnight”: The Sol System is once again invaded as the Iconians launch their final assault. While the main battle takes place in Earth's orbit, Herald ships also appear in the vicinity of Jupiter Station.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Although the Sol System marks the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, it is included into the Beta Quadrant in Star Trek Online in order to be more convenient to fresh players of the Federation tutorial.
[edit | edit source]
- Sol system at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Sol System at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Solar System at Wikipedia