Skill: Starship Perception
Doubles the benefit of Stealth Detection Rating that you gain from Auxiliary Power.
The distance at which enemies can detect you through Stealth is calculated using this formula: Perception - Stealth / 50 = Viewable Distance in Km
Details[edit | edit source]
This skill improves starship sensor abilities, allowing you to see cloaked enemy targets sooner. Stealth Detection is also innately improved with Auxiliary Power. It requires investment of 15 Science Skill points to have an option to select Perception skill.
Affected Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Sensor Scan
- Tachyon Detection Grid
- Tachyon Detection Field
- Fire on my Mark (Space) - increases Debuff of target's Stealth strength
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
Add one or more of these items or abilities to increase your Starship Perception:
- Console - Science - Sensor Probes
- Console - Engineering - Conductive RCS Accelerator with [Per] modifier.
- Console - Science - Exotic Particle Field Exciter with [Per] modifier.
- with [Per] modifier.
- Conn Officer: 5%-20% chance to boost Perception by 100 for 10 sec when activating Tactical Team. It can stack 3 times with chance to add +300 Perception.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Each ship has a base Stealth Detection Rating that’s determined by its class, as follows:
- Cruiser: 20
- Escort: 20
- Science Vessel: 60
Stealth Sight[edit | edit source]
- 2.5% and 5% Stealth Sight (Stealth Detection) is = to 250 and 500 perception points.