Skill: Shield Penetration
This skill increases the amount of weapon damage that penetrates your enemies' shields.
By default. most enemy starship shields will prevent 90% of the energy damage dealt by your weapons from hitting the hull. For each point of Shield Penetration skill, an additional 0.05% of your damage will pierce their shields and apply directly to their hull.
- +50 Shield Penetration Additional Bleedthrough = +2.5%
- +35 = 85 Shield Penetration Additional Bleedthrough = +4.25% (Improved)
- +15 = 100 Shield Penetration Additional Bleedthrough = +5% (Advanced)
Overview[edit | edit source]
Shield Penetration is a Captain Tactical skill that is available to all Captains. There are three total skills in this chain, each costing 1 Space Point to purchase.
Note[edit | edit source]
Prior to Season Thirteen: Escalation, this skill was previously known as "Shield Weakening" and provided a shield resistance rating debuff. It was changed to a direct shield penetration buff to be more in line with the Hull Penetration skill.
Abilities Affected[edit | edit source]
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
- [Elite Fleet Intervention Protomatter Deflector Array Mk XII]
- Endothermic Inhibitor Beam
- Sensor Probe Swarm
- Destabilized Tachyon Emitters
- Shield Inversion
- Trait: Overwhelming Force