Skill: Sector Space Travel Speed
This skill improves your Starship Warp Speed and turn rate in Sector Space. ...
Sector Space Travel Speed is a Science skill available to all players. This skill costs 5 Science skillpoints.
Details[edit | edit source]
This skill improves your Starship [Warp speed] and turn rate in [Sector Space], allowing the player to travel faster than Warp 9.97 before slipstream activation.
Abilities Affected[edit | edit source]
Modifiers[edit | edit source]
- modifiers and Engine
- M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines or Adapted K.H.G. Impulse Engines
- Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
- Advanced Fleet Engines
- Temporal Defense Initiative Combat Impulse Engines
Equation to determine sector space speed[edit | edit source]
(100 + (sector speed skill / 2)) * (Base warp factor / 100)
- Borg Assimilated Sub-transwarp (base speed of Transwarp 14)
- Sector Speed Travel Points - 100
(100 + (100 / 2)) * (14 / 100) = 21
- Normal Slipstream Drive (base speed of Transwarp 20)
- Total Sector Speed points - 200 (10x Sector Speed , Diplomatic Immunity  and Raiding Party )
(100 + (200 / 2)) * (20 / 100) = 40
- Chroniton Infused Slipstream Drive (base speed of Transwarp 25 - only on Multi-mission Explorer ships)
- Total Sector Speed points - 232.8 (Sector Speed , Diplomatic Immunity , Raiding Party , Critical success in Assignment: Perform Antimatter Containment Leak Drills  and M.A.C.O. Impulse Engine Mk XII [8.8])
(100 + (232.8 / 2)) * (25 / 100) = 54.1