Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Seven of Nine
History[edit | edit source]
Annika Hansen was born in 2350 on Tandara colony. Her parents, Magnus and Erin Hansen, were Federation scientists who studied the Borg, long before first contact with them was officially established. In 2353 Annika Hansen accompanied her parents on one of their research missions. Three years into the mission, the Hansens were discovered and assimilated by the Collective. Annika became a Borg drone with the full designation Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01.
In 2374, Seven of Nine was utilized as a liaison between the Borg Collective and the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager when Kathryn Janeway offered a truce to address the larger threat of Species 8472. When the alliance broke down, the crew of Voyager cut Seven's link to the Collective. Over the following years, Seven would regain her identity and become a valuable member of Voyager's crew. In 2376 Seven's curiosity on an away mission lead to the reawakening of the Vaadwaur after 900 years in stasis. In 2378 Seven returned to Earth with the crew of Voyager.
In 2381, Seven was approached by Captain Jean-Luc Picard to join a task force against a renewed Borg threat. Seven was tasked with researching the technology brought back by Voyager from the Delta Quadrant. In 2385, Seven severed all her ties with Starfleet, in protest of the admiralty's decision of disbanding the Borg task force. Subsequently, Seven joined the Daystrom Institute. By 2410, Seven, at the request of Rear Admiral Tuvok, had joined Starfleet's efforts to explore the newly-accessible Delta Quadrant, joining a research team aboard the U.S.S. Callisto. Seven remained in regular contact with Kathryn Janeway, who had helped her regain her individuality during their shared time on Voyager.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Mindscape”: During a mind-meld with Tuvok, the player encounters an impression of Seven of Nine's katra, a remnant of a long-ago mind-meld she shared with Tuvok. She then aids the player in halting telepathic attacks from Eric Cooper.
- “Revelations”: The player responds to a distress call from the U.S.S. Callisto and discovers Seven to be among the few survivors. She then accompanies the player to the Turei homeworld which is under attack by the Vaadwaur. Seven is surprised to find the Vaadwaur having become such a powerful military force in the region.
- “Alliances”: Seven is tasked with persuading the Cooperative to join the Delta Alliance to counter the threat of the Vaadwaur.
- “Revolution”: Seven accompanies the player on a mission to expose the neural parasites infesting the Vaadwaur leadership.
- “Takedown”: Seven accompanies the Cooperative in the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld. After the battle, she talks about the events that led to the Vaadwaur's resurgence and defeat, blaming herself since she awoke the first of the Vaadwaur from stasis over 30 years before.
- “What's Left Behind”: In the astrometrics lab on Voyager, Seven assists the player in analyzing the device recovered from Gaul's command center on Vaadwaur Prime.
- “Broken Circle”: Seven confers with Nog and Krenim scientist Noye on board the Kyana Research Station regarding the construction of the Krenim timeship weapon and Borg knowledge about the Iconians.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- In Tales of the War #12, Seven is a member of a joint team of Iconian Resistance and Krenim engineers who are working to recreate Annorax's timeship and weapon. She finds herself in conflict with a Krenim named Noye over the weapon's design, and is reminded of her responsibilities by Captain Nog.
- In Tales of the War #18, Seven composes a series of letters to Admiral Kathryn Janeway. The letters chronicle Seven's misgivings about the Krenim timeship project, and her conflicts with the other researchers there, particularly Noye. Her concerns culminate in her decision to leave the project prior to the events of “Butterfly”. She finds out about the failed temporal incursion while on her way back to the Sol System.
- "U.S.S. Hadrian": In this Post War Era entry, Seven has joined the crew of the U.S.S. Hawking in the aftermath of the Iconian War. She records a log entry in which she describes her relief to be conducting scientific research in the wake of the war, and her concerns about the Tholian presence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seven holographically disguised as a Vaadwaur on Kartella Prime
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Seven of Nine is voiced by Jeri Ryan, the same actress who played her in Star Trek: Voyager.
- Much of Seven's backstory between 2380 and 2410 is told in The Path to 2409.
- Whether or not Seven of Nine and Chakotay resumed their relationship following their return to Earth is left open: When Jake Sisko conducted an interview with Seven in 2385, she saw no relevance in the question whether she and Chakotay still had contact. Seven acknowledged, however, that Chakotay was one of the people who inspired her to join Starfleet.
[edit | edit source]
- Official Blog - Seven of Nine Returns! (September 24, 2014)
- Seven of Nine at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Seven of Nine at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: Tales of the War #12 (July 7, 2015)
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: Tales of the war #18 (August 18, 2015)